Join now - be part of our community!

BBC Iplayer and Demand 5 apps

SOLVED
fest81
Explorer

BBC Iplayer and Demand 5 apps

The BBC iplayer and Demand 5 apps have totally disappeared from my tv i have tried refreshing the internet content and a factory reset and they are still not there. If anyone could help how to restore them it would be asppreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

Sony have confirmed that the issue has been resolved and was directly related to the other Sony troubles this weekend (the DDOS attack on PSN networks)

Thank you to everyone for their continued patience :slight_smile:

Cheers

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The iPlayer and 5OD apps are apps that only display when your IP address is from the UK.  Please ensure that it is.  The following website should tell you : http://www.iplocation.net/

If it isnt, or even if it is, and it still doesnt work, try the following:

1. Turn TV off
  2. Reboot your ISPs router
  3. After a couple of minutes of your router being rebooted, switch TV back on again and do a "Refresh Internet Content".

Hope this helps.

Cheers

fest81
Explorer

Hi, my ip is showing as being in the uk and i have tried the steps that you have given me but with no sucess. Having looked again it appears that all of the british apps sky news etc have disappeared too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm...

Are you able to use iPlayer on another device (ie PC/Laptop/Tablet etc) that connects to your home network?

Which ISP are you with (Virgin?)

Cheers

fest81
Explorer

Hi, yeah iplayer is working fine on my laptop andmy isp is with sky broadband. I haven't changed any settings or anything on the tv just tried to open the sen and all of those apps had dissapeared it's strange.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

At this moment in time, I really dont have any suggestions -  See how it goes tomorrow, and if it still doesnt work, I guess we try something else.  But this type of thing is almost always your ISP connection and geolocation - if you can confirm that apps like YouTube work?

As a suggestion - give up on it tonight, but turn your router off completely before going to bed tonight, and switch it on in the morning.

Also, when you did a factory reset, was it a full reset?  As in did you have to tune tv in, connect back to the network, change picture display settings etc?

Probably not related to your issue, but Sony's network is undergoing a large DDOS attack this weekend - mainly the PSN network - as well as the fact that others also havent complained either - so issue is likely to isolated to you.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just to let you know, this morning my iPlayer and UK apps have disappeared too from my 2013 TV.

I'll see if I can contact Sony and find out whats going on.

Cheers

Stilconfused
Explorer

Same here 2 sony smart tv's

Both have lost iplayer, demand 5, sky news and a couple of others but bluray player still has them so only a tv issue at the moment

Done all the usual so ????

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stilconfused wrote:

Done all the usual so ????

My advice is just to sit tight at the moment.  Enquiries into the issue is underway.

For everyone else, please click the "Me Too" button at the top (in first post) as this indicates to Sony how wide-spread the problem is.

Cheers all.

rosierich
Explorer

Me too
Tags (1)