Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 10 II, continuing problems with sound on the phone

profile.country.SE.title
Northpower98

Xperia 10 II, continuing problems with sound on the phone

I recently posted about problems with adding own soundfile for messages. Thanks to a helpful person on this forum, I solved the problem. Or at least I thought that.

Now the telephone is randomly altering the sounds of my phone which affects both the ring signal and the messages signal. Instead of the two sounds I added, I constantly gets "Scarabeus" as my signal for both incoming calls and messages. 

And I don't want "Scarabeus" as my signal. I want the two soundfiles I added and nothing else!

I don't know if this has anything to do with a recent update the phone forced upon me or not. I must admit that I've never encountered such a silly problem on any of my phones before.

I would appreciate any help I can get to solve this problem.

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Are the sound files you added on the SD card, or internal storage?

profile.country.SE.title
Northpower98

I suppose they are in the internal storage, the ringtone signal in the "Ringtones" map and the messages signal in the "Notifications" map.

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Then, yes.. it is very odd that they have reverted back to the unwanted selection...

My only advice would be to change them again, and monitor if they change back and think of any apps that might enact such a change.

Do you have any ringtone apps that may have control over the ringtone system?

profile.country.SE.title
Northpower98

No, I haven't.

What I have are the original soundfiles plus those I added, nothing more.

What I will try to do first is to try to remove all soundfiles, then import and add them again to see what will happen.

profile.country.SE.title
Northpower98

I tried to uninstall all soundfiles, restart the phone and ten add them again but the problem remains.

OK, the ring signal seems to be working right now but the other one is constantly changed. I alo tried with a third signal, still the same problem.

Do I have to do a total system restart and in that case, how do I save my messages and telephone numbers?

profile.country.SE.title
Northpower98

It looks like I've made it work now! 😊

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Can you share with us what made it work?

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Yeah, it would be really helpful if you let us know how did you manage to sort it out.

profile.country.SE.title
Northpower98

What I did was that first of all I changed the settings on my phone to sounds which were already on the phone when I bought it.

Then I connected the phone to a computer and deleted the two soundfiles I had imported to the phone.

Then I discomnnected the phone from the computer and restarted the phone.

Then I connected the phone to the computer and re-installed the soundfiles to the phone.

And then I did choose the soundfiles as sound for the phone, one as ringtone and one for messages.

It has been working fine since then. 🙂