Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware update V1.02 released for the ILCE-7 & 7R

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Firmware update V1.02 released for the ILCE-7 & 7R

7-7R.JPG

The Firmware includes the following benefits & improvements..

• Provides support for SEL70200G:
    - Provides support for ”Fast Hybrid AF”. Will also provide support for Fast Hybrid AF compatible E mount lenses in the future
    - Adds functions including the "Focus hold button"
  • Reduces start-up time: The start-up time has been reduced in cases when the camera is switched on immediately after being switched off
  • Improves image quality
  • Provides support for additional ”Play Memories Camera Apps” and additional features for previously supported apps:
    - Provides support for "Liveview Grading" and "Smooth Reflection" applications
    - Provides support for the smooth automatic exposure feature in the "Time-lapse" application ver. 2.00 and later

The updates are available via the ILCE 7 or ILCE 7R support site or by using the links below..

ILCE 7

Firmware update Ver.1.02 for ILCE-7 (Mac)

Firmware update Ver.1.02 for ILCE-7 (Windows)

ILEC 7R

Firmware update Ver.1.02 for ILCE-7R (Mac)

Firmware update Ver.1.02 for ILCE-7R (Windows)

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.NO.title
photosonic
Enthusiast

Hi !

I experience reduced start up time .

I'm not sure about  the "fast hybrid AF", i thought the camera (a7) had a kind of hybrid focus system already.

I have not tested the image  quality bit.

It is mentioned support for additional "Play Memories Camera Apps" , does this mean that there will be new apps released for the a7 /a7r soon ?

And the "liveview grading"  and "smoth reflections" ,are they new apps also?

I have chequed the "Play Memories Camera Apps" site and there is nothing new since before the firmware update .

I am satisfied with the update so far. 

profile.country.NL.title
Bertus

Still no aspect ratios like 1:1 and 4:5, why not? It's relatively simple to implement and for many users it would be a very welcome addition.

Bieomax

I think the LiveView grading is something for the the video side of things to give a preview of how things could look when recording?
profile.country.GB.title
chrdrzy
Explorer

Is there any way software could be updated by Sony so that flash syc could be at 250/sec as opposed to 160th... needed to freeze movement in the studio.