Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with A1 since installing v2.01 firmware

profile.country.GB.title
Danwimble
Explorer

Problems with A1 since installing v2.01 firmware

Major issues for me since updating to v201.

Cameras are using battery about 30% faster.   I’ve had to buy a further 4 batteries to get through a wedding.

Cameras won’t turn on when inserting a battery. I have to remove battery, turn camera on and reinsert battery to get it to turn on.

Freezing, had one camera completely lock up on me.

Cameras don’t turn themselves back on after initialising.

prior to updating none of these issues were present.

Seen others having the same battery drain and boot problems.

fingers crossed Sony has some advice for me, I really don’t know who to turn to with these issues and have a busy wedding season ahead of me. 

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
GordonT

I don't have all those issues with my A1 but do notice it will occasionally not auto focus, doesn't appear to try.

Usually fixed by removing the battery and switching back on, sometimes takes a few attempts.

Didn't do this before v2 firmware.

Mainly using A1 with 200-600mm lens, which has latest firmware.

profile.country.GB.title
GordonT

I have also found occasionally that A1 won't switch on. I haven't identified the sequence that gets it to this, last time it was after downloading some images with Creators App and then switching off. Fixed by removing and reinserted the battery.

Just tried it again. Connected to tablet and Creators App. Downloaded an image. Stopped App, although it continues to run in the background.

Switch off the camera. It now won't switch on again. Remove and reinsert the A1 battery, now will switch on. Not repeatable every time.

Is there some kind of timeout stopping the camera switching back on ?

profile.country.GB.title
SatoruGojo
Community Team

Hey @Danwimble, did you try different chargers for the battery issue? Are all the cameras you have the same model?

@GordonT, try to initialize it and see if that makes a difference.

profile.country.GB.title
GordonT

After the intialise for the 21MB issue l tried the creator app download and its just the same. I download an image and then l can't switch the camera on, without removing and reinserting the battery. I also noted after one download after a while the A1 and its battery were warm even though it was switched off. I guess the wifi/ Bluetooth ( l am not sure which it uses) is not switching off even though the camera is off. Similar issue on the A6700.