Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Caledonian,

Got it now - so in your case channels disappear. This is an issue we're currently investigating. I had the same issue on my TV (also DVB-S) but after the last firmware update I haven't faced it anymore. Anyway, this has been addressed to engineers again and they're currently looking into this.

Regarding Sony Editor - this is a 3rd party software (look at the info) that is provided by Sony for free. It's a bit old school but a handy tool - personally I don't want to miss it anymore.

Cheers

Peter

jain236

@Peter_S. can you please tell me what is the difference between RMF-YD003 and RMF TX100E Touhpad remote. i want to buy one for 49X8305c and which one suits my TV.

your help will be appreciated

profile.country.GB.title
manuelsal

@kevfarme

It is work in progress but I'm wiring some information about the TV channel list editing issue in this thread .

If you don't use Sat TV, enable YouView and use it to delete channels.

I used the SonyEditor (that is a Windows software) but importing back after few hours the tv is turned off the channels start appearing again (like the ADULT and QVC).

Yesterday I tried editing the list with youview than I deactivated it again, tonight I will check if those channels are again back or keep being hidden.

The best solution to reorder channels is to use the external SonyEditor tool, but some channel my pop up again. I didn't have any change in the custom order or any channel disappearing.

Unhappy owner of a KD-49X8307C
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Jain,

From a functional perspective both remotes are doing the same.

But RMF-YD003 is used for B models and RMF-TX100E for C models.

So the correct remote for your TV is RMF-TX100E

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Caledonian_TV wrote:

ARC-compatibility is hit-and-miss....  I've had the opportunity to try my set with around a 1/2 dozen sound bars, a couple of receivers and a recorder; some quite new... Some it will work with some it just doesn't!

I think Optical sound is only variable in PCM mode...

If the sound is 'delayed' - i.e. the picture is leading, the audio equipment can do nothing to mitigate this as all it can do is introduce further delay.  Further more the delay varies between source -to-source (again; I've tried several BD players) and disc to disc...  In all cases when audio straight from the device to the amp/soundbar; there is no issue...

So it is definitely the TV. 

I'm just lucky with my choice of soundbar then, I guess.

ive rechecked the Samsung Help, and it definitely says the adjustment is if the sound is delayed. I therefore presume this TV setting must delay the video, to get it back into sync with the delayed sound on the linked receiver.

No reason the Sonys could not do the same, though whether they can is another matter,

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
adyjay33

Indy121... Childish insults?

How do you think I just viewed your post?

Hmmm... some people just dont get it in my view.

KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
Caledonian_TV
Contributor

@royabrown wrote:

@Caledonian_TV wrote:

ARC-compatibility is hit-and-miss....  I've had the opportunity to try my set with around a 1/2 dozen sound bars, a couple of receivers and a recorder; some quite new... Some it will work with some it just doesn't!

I think Optical sound is only variable in PCM mode...

If the sound is 'delayed' - i.e. the picture is leading, the audio equipment can do nothing to mitigate this as all it can do is introduce further delay.  Further more the delay varies between source -to-source (again; I've tried several BD players) and disc to disc...  In all cases when audio straight from the device to the amp/soundbar; there is no issue...

So it is definitely the TV. 

I'm just lucky with my choice of soundbar then, I guess.

ive rechecked the Samsung Help, and it definitely says the adjustment is if the sound is delayed. I therefore presume this TV setting must delay the video, to get it back into sync with the delayed sound on the linked receiver.

No reason the Sonys could not do the same, though whether they can is another matter,

IIRC correctly you have your sources routed THROUGH the soundbar?  Your TV is effectively just a monitor in that mode with the soundbar as the switcher...   Whilst I have severe latency issues through the HDMI ports (using the set as the switcher) off-air audio is fine... But clearly this varies from set-to-set.

Yes; it would seem your Samsung has the facility to delay the picture; and yes, there's no acceptable reason for Sony to have left such a facility off their user-menu.  - At the end of the day though, all it's required to do is pass the audio signal unaltered from input to output; a simple and basic task!

Caledonian_TV
Contributor

@Randy_Rockhard wrote:

Hi Caledonian,

Got it now - so in your case channels disappear. This is an issue we're currently investigating. I had the same issue on my TV (also DVB-S) but after the last firmware update I haven't faced it anymore. Anyway, this has been addressed to engineers again and they're currently looking into this.

Regarding Sony Editor - this is a 3rd party software (look at the info) that is provided by Sony for free. It's a bit old school but a handy tool - personally I don't want to miss it anymore.

Cheers

Peter

Yes...  I see "someones" name flash up (too quick to read) and clearly THEY were kind enough to provide it for free...  I really don't think that's in any way to Sony's credit somehow.... It's a good idea; why didn't they refine it?

Channels don't just 'dissapear' - others... 're-appear'. And very often these are channels that have no place in any decent family home.  - Imagining there was perhaps some issue with 'residual' tunings being left in the set's memory I first tried wiping the satellite tuning... Didn't help.

I then did that AND factory-reset the TV AND power-cycled it...  No difference.

Caledonian_TV
Contributor

adyjay33 wrote:

Indy121... Childish insults?

How do you think I just viewed your post?

Hmmm... some people just dont get it in my view.

LOL - As Corporal Jones might say; they don't like it up 'em! 

I'm very aware from conversations that are going on 'offline' that certain people in certain places aren't happy about having the very basic issues of poor design thrown into sharp focus in public.  - Most are what we might coyly call 'very young', and imagine a wee quick 'flame war' a' la' Farcebook stylee will somehow restore their  corporate credibility...

Not going to happen...

And I still say that the design and marketing team behind this farce absolutely deserve to have their careers ended by this one.   - If anyone is 'insulted' by my pointing out that the UIs are not fit for purpose, and not even of the standard expected from kids doing a basic college course (facts that I'm happy to back up) then perhaps they might explain why? i.e. - What was their particular roll in this mess?

I suspect the rest of us are more 'insulted' by the fact Sony have taken our money and just not delivered even the basics. 

adyjay33

Oh how I agree as above.... 🙂

KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!