Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.GR.title
NPatri

@rsebre Are you sure about the HDR part on the X83C..?

profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

@NPatri

:smileyhappy:Yes, I'm sure about the HDR

On my X83C, I press HOME:smileylaugh:

Then I go to SETTINGS:smileycool:

Then I go into EXTERNAL INPUTS:smileyconfused:

And their at the bottom, Enhance HDMI Input.:smileytongue:

Click on that and select your input that has HDR, such as your PC, and Enable.:smileylove:

Behold the beauty that it is capable of. I brought the X83C several years ago in my head after What HiFi reviewed it and said even though its the cheapest of the range, it still supports HDR. That and the X1 Processor it house's used to be the size of my fridge sort of made me think MINE.:smileymrgreen:

I will when I get the time tonight or soon, see if I can get the USA Firmware running on it too, as imagine the PlayStation Store Video Unlimited App with all the 4K films that it has with HDR...:smileyztele:

I still have not been able to alter the bluetooth stack or pair my 7.1 surround sound earphones to it yet, but here's hoping that is yet to come..:smileyconfused:

I also for love nor money could not get Android N to install. And I don't like how I can't side load apps, without entering Developer mode. It would also be nice to run a custom launcher, so when I press my HOME button I get what I want.:smileyztele:

It really impressed me today, I thought 4K was good, but 4K HDR with a source that can output it is a beauty.

Sorry about the late reply. I'm currently redoing my firmware on my PS4.:smileyconfused:

Catch up again

Kind regards :handshake:

Richard

frankie1g

I just change picture mode to hdr video am I wrong kdx8509 

Sent from my Samsung device
profile.country.GR.title
NPatri

@rsebre Thanks for the tip, never thought I could have HDR that way. The strange thing is that on Netflix, Marco Polo doesn't show as HDR, so I doubt if you will be able to enjoy HDR content from PlayStation Store Video Unlimited App. Let us know about though if you were able to install it... Good luck..! :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@rsebre wrote:

:slight_smile:

So as others have mentioned, it seems you can indeed install the EU Firmware on the UK Set's/

Thus, would it be safe to assume you could install the USA Firmware on a UK set?

I have the X83C, and it updated fine this week, when using my PC to output 4K HDR it's a beauty. And so glad it does 60fps with HDR too.:smileylaugh:

The reason I ask is that the USA Firmware includes the PlayStation Store Video Unlimited Ultra Library Access that our Firmware here in the UK does not.:smileycry:

Could I just install it from a USB? Or do I have to put the set behind a VPN and pretend it's in New York?:smileywink:

Thanks all, happy I got the Sony now, especially if I can get my hands on that 4K PlayStation Video app.:smileyztele::smileyballoon:

Richard :handshake:

It needs the VPN, and if you have just updated here, it will not update again until there is a newer release with a higher release number.

Quinnicus also tells me that it checks your chassis number as well. So if there are different chassis for the UK and the US, a UK chassis in the US will thoroughly confuse the update, and who knows what it will give you?

Maybe not even Freeview, and it will search in vain for US-type TV signals, and find nothing? The Netflix should be good, though 🙂

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
frankie1g

Netflix showed it's as hdr last night via the netflix button on the remote 

Sent from my Samsung device
profile.country.GR.title
NPatri

@frankie1g that's correct, but X83C is not HDR enabled..!

alfonzobonzo

@rooobb I can confirm that by just using the program up down button on the remote completely ignores any favourites list.

seem the favourites setup only effects what is seen in the cahnnel guid list.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The favourite mode is set by selecting a channel via the guide. A message on screen will confirm it. Only afterwards the channel +- will go through only the list selected (that you have chosen in the guide (

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@alfonzobonzo

Hi there,

Just try not to use Favourites. I have the same problems from the beggining.