Join now - be part of our community!

49X8305C - 3 main issues - anyone experienced these?

marc.knuckle
Explorer

49X8305C - 3 main issues - anyone experienced these?

Firstly i have now had 2 occasions of the TV not turning on. this needs to be remedied with unplugging the TV completely for about 1 minute or more, then turning back on. then holding down the power button on the back. It eventually decides to turn on.

second, the TV has now turned itself off 2 or 3 times while going through menus and restarts itself completely.

lastly, the Action Menu on the remote no longer brings up options down the left, only 'Watch TV' is available to chose whereas before it had many options including Speakers to swpa between TV speakers and Sound system or whatever it used to say.

Anyone experiencing this and anyone have any solutions?

thanks, Marc

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
dobooth13

can you confirm what firmware version you have? because I found the December update helped with the first 2 (not completely eliminated)

----------------------------
KD-49X8307C
marc.knuckle
Explorer

hi and thanks for the reply.

It is on PKG2.645.0052EUB.  It says there are no new updates at this time.

It seems the last update was what caused the problems as i wasn't experiencing these issues before. 

Any ideas on the action menu problem?  it was very handy having the quick settings 1 button away, now i have to go through 3 or 4 options to get to the same place.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As you are experiencing issues since a firmware update - i would recommend you perform a factory reset.  It clears many issues.

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/66442/kw/

Cheers

marc.knuckle
Explorer

cheers.

that has brought back the action menu. why did that happen?

will have to see if the other 2 problems are sorted.

thanks.