Join now - be part of our community!

A1 TV not showing HDR logo on YouTube

profile.country.GB.title
Cablesman
Explorer

A1 TV not showing HDR logo on YouTube

So why when I access 4K HDR videos on YouTube, doesn’t the HDR logo come on under picture settings?  It does when I use the Netflix app

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

YouTube HDR is still not supported by any Sony ATV. Your TV only plays the SDR streams.

profile.country.GB.title
Cablesman
Explorer

Wow. Thx. That’s absolutely disgusting from Sony. Their flagship tv eh?

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Sony Android TV is disgusting from front to back, see my review.

profile.country.GB.title
Cablesman
Explorer

Read it!  Wow just wow. Kudos my friend

yet Still. It’s a great pic on the ATV yes?

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

yet Still. It’s a great pic on the ATV yes?

Other brands can do that too. Plus you get working integrated tuner and judder-free Amazon Video.

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Yeh Sony seem very lathargic to sort anything out on these TVs. With respect to HDR Youtube, last time I asked, they blamed Google.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@stormyuk wrote:

Yeh Sony seem very lathargic to sort anything out on these TVs. With respect to HDR Youtube, last time I asked, they blamed Google.

Because you haven't seen the ballet between Sony and Amazon for the messy Amazon Video (it's Amazon's fault in this case). They all blamed each others. I have opened a call with Amazon for it, and eventually, three weeks after I was told it was Sony's fault, I received an email from Amazon support saying that the issue has been fixed, and that Sony just needs to add the new app in the next firmware update. So technically the ball is in Sony's hands, now. But there should be a firmware update in February for the Dolby Vision support in the TVs with X1 Extreme processor. So I imagine it will be added there at least for all Android 7.0 televisions.

Regarding YouTube.. The app does show some HDR videos in HDR, as long as they are not in VP9.2 format. And the HDR videos downloaded from YouTube (by any mean) don't play as HDR in Sony's Video or other apps (like Kodi). So it is totatally Sony/Mediatek's fault. The VP9.2 codecs are faulty.

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Most people want to fire up Youtube and play them not have to go around the houses like you do :slight_smile:

Heh with  Sony blaming Google I doubt that will ever be fixed even though like you seem to suggest it shouldn't be that difficult.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

I received an email from Amazon support saying that the issue has been fixed, and that Sony just needs to add the new app in the next firmware update. So technically the ball is in Sony's hands, now. But there should be a firmware update in February for the Dolby Vision support in the TVs with X1 Extreme processor.

Sony released the DV FW in the U.S. today. No word about Amazon Video fixes though...