Join now - be part of our community!

AF9 and Bravia Sync Arc problem

profile.country.GB.title
Tigermad71

AF9 and Bravia Sync Arc problem

I have the above tv. I want to disable Bravia sync since I dont require it.  I only use my av receiver for the sound and not the tv speakers. I don’t like the way it keeps popping up that it is changing speaker source when it doesn’t need to. I also use a harmony remote so don’t need the hdmi control function. The problem is when I disable Bravia sync I also lose arc so I get no sound from the inbuilt apps. Turn sync back on and all is well apart from the annoying speaker switch message every time I turn the tv on. Is it correct that Bravia sync needs to be left on for arc to work?

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

@Tigermad71,

Again thanks for the complete description. It explains the full scope of the real issue in your setup.

There might be a number of different workarounds for you to try. I will need to investigate the scenario before I can make suggestions.

What I would like to know at the moment is the following:

• Can you describe the behaviour when the two options in my initial post are set to ENABLED?
  • Can you let us know what is the speaker configuration you have at the moment? (e.g. 5.1.2)
  • Also there must be an option in your receiver relating to ARC with a title in the lines of: Enable return audio for [TV] or [AMP] or [AMP+TV]. You must set this setting to [AMP+TV] in order to prevent the TV from defaulting back to TV Speakers while the device handshake has not taken place yet.

Post back your responses and I will get back to you in the following days.

Cheers,

Dutchice