Join now - be part of our community!

Analogue to Digital Signal Transmitter for connecting Wii/camcorder/VCR DVD Recorder

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
bwallace1
Explorer

Analogue to Digital Signal Transmitter for connecting Wii/camcorder/VCR DVD Recorder

What I am intending to do is convert the analogue signal from my game console to a digital signal for my TV. The same exercise would be converting an analogue signal from my Bush DVRHS02 VCR / DVD Recorder or camcorder for my Sony Bravia Android TV.

Hence the link below:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/eSynic-Composite-Converter-Adapter-Supporting-White/dp/B07Q9PWKF5/ref=pd_gw...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

It ought to work, it says it does, how you are planning to use it is appropriate, if it doesn’t you can send it back for a refund.

But the only way to be sure it works is to get it and try it.

Especially as a third of the reviews say it doesn’t work.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi bwallace1,

Can you tell us the model number of your TV please?

Thanks,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@bwallace1 wrote:

What I am intending to do is convert the analogue signal from my game console to a digital signal for my TV. The same exercise would be converting an analogue signal from my Bush DVRHS02 VCR / DVD Recorder or camcorder for my Sony Bravia Android TV.

Hence the link below:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/eSynic-Composite-Converter-Adapter-Supporting-White/dp/B07Q9PWKF5/ref=pd_gw...

@bwallace1 

Thanks for letting us know.

Was there supposed to be a question here?

profile.country.GB.title
bwallace1
Explorer

It's Sony Bravia 55-inch Android TV 

Model no. KD-55XF8796

profile.country.GB.title
bwallace1
Explorer

What I am intending to do is convert the analogue signal from my game console to a digital signal for my TV. The same exercise would be converting an analogue signal from my Bush DVRHS02 VCR / DVD Recorder or camcorder for my Sony Bravia 55-inch Android TV. Model no. KD-55XF8796

Hence the link below:

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

Hi @bwallace1 

I understand what you are planning to do, but you aren’t asking any questions of us, so it’s hard to know how to answer, or even to answer at all.

Example possible questions would be:-

Will this work?

Is this the best way to go about it?

Anybody tried this, and what were your experiences?

and so on....

To which I might reply, variously, 

Yes it is the right idea if you only have composite outputs, and if the little box does what it says it does. I’ve had a few of these £8-£20 Chinese gadgets off Amazon and the like, and most work amazingly well for any price, let alone the cheap price they are sold for; but if you get one that doesn’t, and you want to replace it, be careful not to get one that looks the same but with another name stencilled on it, as there are a lot more suppliers than there are manufacturers.

(e.g. I’m still looking for a switched HDMI splitter that supports ARC, and despite having had two that specifically say they do, they specifically don’t, and the other ones out there are just one or other of the two I have tried, rebadged).

However, if any of the three devices mentioned support component video output, this is much superior to composite, and one of these may be worth having for such devices.

And to a lesser extent, S-Video is better than composite, but not as good as component, and adaptors exist for this also.

profile.country.GB.title
bwallace1
Explorer

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

It ought to work, it says it does, how you are planning to use it is appropriate, if it doesn’t you can send it back for a refund.

But the only way to be sure it works is to get it and try it.

Especially as a third of the reviews say it doesn’t work.