Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV - WiFi and Ethernet Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Android TV - WiFi and Ethernet Issues

Hi All

I have noticed that there are some people reporting issues with network connectivity.

Please reply back in this thread with your issue.  Please also list your tv model and all relevent information.

Cheers

203 REPLIES 203
ahsan_mian
Explorer

changing the date & time from 'broadcast' to 'network' solved this for me. Thanks for the heads up.

paulace
New

Hey thanks a lot for this chrismacp, I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure this one out. I've already hard reset the TV and it still wouldn't let me use the built in apps. Strangely enough, Kodi worked fine, although one of the apps was showing content from two years ago, which now makes sense!

Just to recap, Wi-Fi would connect (most of the time - not a fan of Sony's Wi-Fi setup) and wired would connect, but neither would allow the apps to run (Youtube, Google Play) before or after a factory reset until I took your advice and changed the date and time. Incidentally the TV was set to get it's time from broadcast time, and I changed it to network time and then to just 'Off' which did the trick. Think my aerial's down so it couldn't get the broadcast time. Just for information, I've had the TV for 5 months and the problem has only just occured which is odd as I hadn't changed anything so must be the aerial fault (I don't watch terrestrial TV, just Sky and internet).

Thanks again,
Paul.

profile.country.GB.title
chrismacp
Explorer

No worries, really glad it helped. It can be so frustrating. I think the problem here is a lack of error information as the same problem happens if you set your date incorrectly on your PC and then try to access Google etc. but you get a nice message telling you to check your date is set correctly. It's to do with the security certificates that keep the connections secure. If the date is wrong and the certificate can't be validated then connections to Youtube / Netflix / Google wont go through as they aren't considered safe.

As to why the date was reset, I don't know. My TV was working fine too until this happened all of a sudden.

Anyway, enjoy your internet again :slight_smile:

SHELLY2016
Explorer

I have been having this issue too. For a few weeks my sony KD65X8507C has kept intermittently dropping the wifi connection a minute later connecting then dropping and so it continues. Somedays it is worse than others. I have other devices and remain connected when the TV reports an issue with internet. I have rebooted TV which sometimes works, rebooted hub with no difference, Done a factory reset which is a problem when the TV tells you it cant connect to the internet worked my way round that.. but still today cant get it back on the wifi. Any further ideas ?

Joanabz
Explorer

My TV model is KD-55XD8505 and software version PKG3.533.0108EUB. For some reason in the past days it's not recognising the wi-fi. I tried to set up again but it says it cannot find the router. Any suggestions?

thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
Philip1966
New

The same happened to me,go to settings and do a factory reset it goes back
to the original software again and you can connect the WiFi.
profile.country.GB.title
EricLmpUK
Explorer

Just adding my $0.02, I've reported network issues to Sony and still haven't gotten an answer how to fix the errors. This is with a KD-49XD8005, but it looks like a generic issue with Android running on the Bravia.

The TV has been brought back to a service center and has been gone for 2 weeks (!!). These guys did not find the same issues as I'm seeing but did state they are not allowed to do stuf as 'adb logcat'. 

I've collected dozens of logcat files and all of them end with the same error in the last lines:

05-08 08:01:11.076  7750  7750 F libc    : page record for 0xb6f9108c was not found (block_size=16)

Date/time, pid and address vary, but some Android process keeps crashing with the same message each time.

https://community.sony.nl/t5/televisies/firmware-v6-1004-kd-49xd8005-nog-steeds-netwerk-issues-crash...

The Fatal (?) error in libc looks like to be the cause of disconnecting the network, the tv is trying to obtain a new dhcp-lease (it's wired connected to cisco gear) every 30 seonds (give or take a few seconds).

It can take ours before  the TV is able to use its network stack again..

nosh118
Explorer

Hey guys, so, an update:smileyhappy:

I factory reset my TV as everybody has said and it seems to have worked. I can now connect to my Wi-Fi using my TV and I have had only one small issue which was fixed automatically in five seconds. For more info on my problem view my post above but it now seems to be working.

Thanks guys,

Noah:smileythumbsup:

Lostfifer
Explorer

Hi,

I have a kdl-43W805c. Since Marshmallow update a few days ago everytime I switch Tv on from standby I have to reconnect to wifi and re-enter network password. I tried rebooting several times and soft reboot and resetting to factory settings but none have worked. Bit of a pain as most TV i watch is via streaming

Can anyone help ta?

Lostfifer
Explorer

Hi,

I have a kdl-43W805c. Since Marshmallow update a few days ago(may 17) everytime I switch Tv on from standby I have to reconnect to wifi and re-enter network password. I tried rebooting several times and soft reboot and resetting to factory settings but none have worked. Bit of a pain as most TV i watch is via streaming

Can anyone help ta?