profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

Any news on Android O for 2017 TV's

Any plans?Anything at all?

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi zlays84,

I'm just looking into this for you and will update this thread with any suggestions.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

Thank you...some info would be nice...

profile.country.GB.title
cinek2

last time they said yes it is, but there's no eta

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

The only official information is that they are planning to bring O to the 2018 models. This is probably also true for models they are bringing over to 2018 from previous years (A1, ZD9). Anything except that O will come to models released in 2018 is just speculation so far though.

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

If its only 2018 models that would be straight up b.s from sony...

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

It would not make sense either. All Sony TVs since mid-2016 are based on the same (slow and *****ty) hardware platform (ATV2). So the software image should work for all TVs since then.

The bad thing is that the expensive early 2016 models (XD85, XD93, XD94) probably won't receive the update because they are ATV1, but cheap models from the very same model year probably will (like XD70, XD80) as these are already based on ATV2. Those cheap 2016 models also received Google Assistant/Amazon Alexa support in the U.S., while the expensive ones from the same year did not. So that's pretty bad mismanagement.

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi zlays84,

Unfortunately I don't have any information on future updates. 

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
cinek2

that's a no then 😞

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

considernig that every new "update" takes away something crucial from the smart side of the TV I don't get it why people even want that. I would gladly go back to lollipop just so that I can write on my disks.