Join now - be part of our community!

Can I get a keyboard to connect with Sony Bravia KD55X8505

shiney19
New

Can I get a keyboard to connect with Sony Bravia KD55X8505

Hi

Just purchased a Sony Bravia KD55X8505  and am disappointed thaI can't get a wireless keyboard to connect as I can with my Panasonic TV.    The wireless dongle when inserted into the USB port gives a device not supported errror message.  I want to use the internet browser and don't wan tto use the provided keypad as it makes typing so slow.  I only have a very old ipad and when I try to connect this I am asked for a password.  Where can I find the password?  I don't mean my modem password. 

Can anyone help please?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately you cannot just connect a keyboard to the TV - its not supported.  Therefore any wireless adaptors will not work either as the TV does not have the required drivers.

Im not sure what your trying to do with the iPad, however have you looked at the TV Sideview app (Requires iOS 6.0)? 

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/remote-tv-guide-tv-sideview/id594171390?mt=8

Cheers

Hi 

I have the same TV (Sony Bravia KD55X8505) - is it possible to hook up wireless bluetooth headphones? I'm currently looking for some but don't know which brands will work. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

AFAIK in TV till 2014 lineup the bluetooth interface can only be used for connecting a mouse. Nothing else.

That's a bummer 😞 Is there a solution around it? I did buy this tv in 2014. 

There must be a logical way these days to hook up some sort of dongle etc to get wireless headphones connected.