Join now - be part of our community!

Freesat and Sideview X85C Android TV

jack32467

Freesat and Sideview X85C Android TV

When I've tuned my tv to freesat on my X85c Android tv the guide doesn't populate with shows unless I tune to channels individually, and the channel numbers don't match up with the sideview app.

Is there a way to match up the channels or to get the guide to populate with information?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
scottryan10

I get the same problem with this. I have to wait up to 5 mins to get some sort of guide come up, but i get nothing at times..! I had the set plug in to my sat dish, and after all the issues i have had, i have now got an old sky+ box, and running the set that way via HDMI-1 input. I loose all data with the signal lost, but at least i dont get the lip sync issues any more, no waiting for the guide no more....but lets face it, did we buy these TV's to do all this messing about.....

Sony are calling me tomorrow ( FRI ) and i have decided to return the set back to them now.

But dont forget to ask for the £100 refund they are giving customers of these sets, due to the issues we are all having....then return it..!

Take care.....

trinha
Explorer

Hi, can you provide any more info regarding the £100 refund please? How can you go about claiming for it and is it available to everybody that have bought this TV and not necessarily bought from Sony Online or Store? Cheers for your help :slight_smile:

Allyboy65
Explorer

My understanding of Freesat on TV's is that it's not supported unless you buy a Freesat box which will provide the channels in order and a full 7 day epg. When using the sat tuner on your TV your basically picking up the unencrypted channels in a order which can't be changed without the epg if you go to a channel it will give you the now and next for every channel on that transponder until you turn tv off. This is the same on all TV's not just sony TV's.