Join now - be part of our community!

Hdmi arc delete defults

profile.country.GB.title
vacantmetropolis
Explorer

Hdmi arc delete defults

Hello  i have a kd93 android tv and i have a problem with my hdmi settings.

I had my x800  4k bluray player in my arc hdmi 4 and it worked fine. I found out that the arc HDMI is for a sound bar. So I wanted to leave the HDMI arc for a sound bar.

I unplugged the x800 hdmi from the HDMI arc and plugged it into HDMI 1.

When I turn on the bluray player it reverted to HDMI arc it stated the x800 as defult for the HDMI arc. It didnt work or play the bluray on HDMI 1. Am afraid that if i get a sound bar it wont work on the HDMI arc it might revert to the x800 as defult. 

How do i reset my HDMI defults or the HDMI labels i currantly have my HDMI 2 defult to my now tv box, and the HDMI arc 4 defult as my x800. I want to use the x800 bluray player on HDMI 1.

Do i have to reset the tv?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there,

Welcome to the community. 

If you let us know the full model number of your TV we'll do our best to help.

Thanks,

EdwinaU

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

I’ve seen this issue, where either the sending device (e.g. the Blu-ray player) or the receiving device (i.e. the TV) remembers what went where, and doesn’t seem to respect swapped-about connections.

Strictly speaking, HDMI connections aren’t hot-swappable, though you can often get away with it; I would put both devices in at least Standby before swapping any cables.

But maybe you did, in which case I would tend to go one step further, and power both off at the mains, wait two minutes for any residual dynamic memory contents to decay, plug the HDMI cables back in, power on the TV and let it settle, soft reboot it by holding down the On key on the remote for five seconds, let it settle again, and only then power on the Blu-ray player.

See if that sorts things.

But you are doing well to reserve the ARC HDMI socket for a soundbar; ARC means Audio Return Channel, which will send your TV sound to a soundbar for enhanced audio performance.

ARC is wasted on the Blu-ray player, which can’t and won’t do anything with the returned audio, except camp on that particular HDMI socket, and stop you being able to take advantage of it with a soundbar or other audio-reproducing device.

Sure, you could use the digital audio out instead, but that is not as easy or as versatile as the HDMI ARC port.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
vacantmetropolis
Explorer

Hello my tv is the xd93 Android tv

profile.country.GB.title
vacantmetropolis
Explorer

Hello 

i think my tv is the xd93 I think 

profile.country.GB.title
vacantmetropolis
Explorer

Thanks for your post I will try the steps

is the on key the green power button ?

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

No idea what colour it is (I have given mine away, along with the TV).

But it is the On/Standby Button on the remote, the one you use to turn on the TV.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking