Join now - be part of our community!

HELP! Catch up apps not working on 43XG8396BU

profile.country.GB.title
jojolkb
Explorer

HELP! Catch up apps not working on 43XG8396BU

Hello, bought a Sony Bravia 43XG8396BU on Friday. Set it up fine but the All4 catch up app wasn't working properly. I can find a show and watch the adverts but then the actual programme fails to load (just get the four squares). I looked online and saw a factory reboot was suggested. I did this but then couldn't log back in to iPlayer and still had the same issue with the All4 app. I then checked the software and updated it and did another factory reset. Still couldn't get on to iPlayer and All4 had the same issue. Today I updated the apps and could finally log in to iPlayer but All4 still has the same issue. I've also tried the ITV Hub and that does the same thing, i.e. can watch the adverts but the programme fails to load.

Does anyone have any ideas? I don't want to do ANOTHER factory reboot but I have run out of ideas. Considering sending this TV back to Curry's and getting a Samsung instead. The main reason we spent so much money on this was because we wanted the convenience of the catch up apps. So frustrating!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Have you enabled the YouView mode on your TV? 

You can see more details on how to do this here.

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
jojolkb
Explorer

Thank you, unfortunately after being on the phone with Sony all morning doing everything they suggested the apps still do not work. I am returning the television. 

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi again,

Sorry to hear this. 

Hope you manage to find a resolution. 

Best wishes,

Sean Mc