Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-46V3000 vertical line down screen.

profile.country.GB.title
drdratsony
Explorer

KDL-46V3000 vertical line down screen.

OK I know his is not a new set, it could be about 8 years old.

Recently it started showning a vertical single pixel line in green down the right hand side of the screen (about 2 inches in). It vanished when the set was warm. Then another line appeared on the other side, same distance in. It also vanished when the set was warm. Now I have lines on both sides but they do not go for a long time.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @drdratsony, welcome to the Community.

This sort of problem does occur with older panels. Sometimes it's just a loose connector, which will be affected by heat, or a component such as a cable or similar will need to be replaced. Repair costs are often reasonable, but most people just live with the intermittent fault before the inevitable upgrade toa new TV!

If you would like to check it out for a repair, have a look at this page.

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
drdratsony
Explorer

Thank Mick_D for your reply

Sorry for the delay in answering I have been on holiday.

I liked the diagnosis type site, but no, I regret that it has not solved the problem. The main problem being that none of the screens shown are anything like my own. Nor is the the remote which does not even have a home button.

My computer is upstairs, so I have to get a screen then go down to check! Hard going. I did eventually (by chance) find the tv software version (2.12.105, starter 0.15.9 ????), but then I could not work the website to download the latest version. Come to that nor could I find a USB port on the back of the set to load the data.

I am sure the set is just too old. Perhaps the time has come to replace it!

Thanks anyway