Join now - be part of our community!

Live spider in between LCD and outer screen

profile.country.GB.title
WerkGuy
New

Live spider in between LCD and outer screen

Hi everyone, woke up this morning to find a Spider crawling around inside my TV (inbetween the LCD and outer screen). Its about 0.5cm across so pretty annoying when it runs over a light part of the screen. I was always under the impression that the screens were sealed to stop dust and other such particles getting onto the LCD panel. 

TV is about 9 months old

Does anyone know if there is any way to remove said spider or if this can be done under warranty (due to faulty seal or something)?    

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
WerkGuy
New

TV is 

KD-49XG8096

profile.country.en_GB.title
EUSupport_EN
Contributor

Hi @WerkGuy

Unplug the TV and try to put it in a dark room with one light source. Insects are attracted to light so it may crawl out.

Win_88

profile.country.GB.title
hakaziz
Explorer

I have the same problem. Spider in middle of screen... When I tap the screen it wiggles around but doesn't move.

I would say this is a design fault and have raised a case with Sony

profile.country.GB.title
hakaziz
Explorer

What happened with this WerkGuy?

I too would like to know what the outcome was. I've got the same issue with my KD55XE8596. Thought it was a fly on the screen, tried to move it off and realised it was under the screen. A very small spider seems to have made his way through between the LCD and the outer panel. It's very small, around 5mm or so. 

profile.country.GB.title
Rumplestilskin
New

I also have a spider in my Sony TV screen. It's dead now. The TV is only 14 months old. Sony were no help, just kept  saying out of warranty. I think it must be a design fault. Only course of action now. DON'T BUY A SONY TV. 

profile.country.GB.title
hakaziz
Explorer

Mine had a 3 year warranty.

Sony replaced my TV with another one after following their instructions

Hi, I have the same issue on a Bravia TV KD-43X7052 purchased in May.  Spider has appeared on screen and has died.  It's annoying and I would have thought impossible if this was manufactured correctly.  Who did you contact to resolve this and get a replacement?

profile.country.GB.title
hakaziz
Explorer

I believe I raised a case online... Through the Sony UK 'support page' and then through 'book a repair'.  That gets the ball rolling.