Join now - be part of our community!

Macro-blocking from CAM module returned for XH90

profile.country.RO.title
aimesilenz1
New

Macro-blocking from CAM module returned for XH90

Hi,

My XH90 (KD-55XH9096) started to experience the macro-blocking and stuttering problem while CI+ card is inserted. The problem appeared with update v6.2126. The newest update v6.2146 did not resolve the issue. I know that the problem should have been resolved in a previous update, although I hadn't experienced it myself until now. Has anyone else encountered this after the recent updates? My local Sony support (Romania) wasn't very helpful and recommended me to contact a repair shop (even if it is a known issue with the CAM module) or wait for a new update which may or may not include a bug fix (asked them to forward it to a specialized department, but I don't think they will).

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hi,

Did you try to unplug your TV from the mains for 2 minutes and test the TV without any external device connected? You can also try to factory reset, it usually helps with issues related to a software update.

profile.country.RO.title
aimesilenz1
New

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I've already tried unplugging it, but didn't have the time or patience to do a factory reset. I have toyed with all of the settings and there is no correlation whatsoever. Lately I've noticed an amelioration of the problem on some channels and an exacerbation for others. I'll wait and see if the next update solves the issue. If not, I'll try the factory reset.

profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hi,

A factory reset can efficiently eliminate a possible glitch that might be causing this to your TV. I'd recommend that you try :wink:

profile.country.RO.title
aimesilenz1
New

UPDATE

All channels are unwatchable with CI+ card inserted.

I've tried the following:

- Updated to v6.2210;

- Factory reset;

- Changed CI+ card;

- Cable company technicians came and tested the signal. All was fine. Recommended using a newer version of CI+ card;

- Changed to newer version of CI+ card.

None of the above changed the behaviour in any way.

This is a disgrace from Sony, irrespective of whether it is a hardware or software related issue. This started not even 6 months after the 2 year warranty expired.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey aimesilenz1, it sounds like you already been in contact with Sony support? What did they tell you? 

From where I see it, it sounds like a hardware issue that needs a repair.