Join now - be part of our community!

No sound via Optical Output for Amazon Video, YouTube etc (KD-65XD8599)

profile.country.GB.title
toza84
Explorer

No sound via Optical Output for Amazon Video, YouTube etc (KD-65XD8599)

I have a KD-65XD8599 connected to Onkyo TX-NR626 AVR via optical cable.  Sound works for some apps (eg. on demand service such as BBC iPlayer, Demand 5 etc.) but when using Amazon Video, YouTube, or basically any other app I get no audio.  If I use TV speakers all work fine so I know its something to do with the output to AVR.

Updated to latest firmware and have tried changing output on TV sound menu betwen available 3 digital audio out options (Auto 1, Auto 2, and PCM).  Have also tried using ARC via HDMI but result is the same with only some apps producing sound back to AVR.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry for the delayed response - Are you still having this issue or have you managed to resolve it?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
pwaldman
New

I am having the same issue. Ok with Netflix but no audio output via optical with A.azon video.

Any help very much appreciated 

profile.country.LV.title
syaguda
New

I am also having the exact same problem.  I can play Netflix, Hulu and my cable through the optical output, but Amazon does not have sound.  But, I can play Amazon through my tv speakers. But those are horrible.  Any suggestions?

profile.country.GB.title
toza84
Explorer

Resolution for me was achieved through factory reset.