Join now - be part of our community!

Remote control help

TVwatcher
New

Remote control help

My Tv remote just stopped responding mid watch!  The tv was about to go into standby mode but I couldn’t continue as the remote wouldn’t react.  Changing the batteries didn’t work.  Did a tv update on settings using google app .after a lot of messing Ended up doing a full factory reset on the tv. At this point the tv remote is no longer paired and the app is also no longer connected.

spoke to Sony and have done a remote reset with them . Ended up buying a new control.

I am now at the stage where I have the welcome screen on the tv and need to select English to proceed. Which I can’t as the remote doesn’t work and with only 3 buttons on the back of the tv operating channel and volume. 
I can see the infrared flashing on both old and new control via my phone camera. 

tv is Sony Bravia KD-49XF9005.   Remote RMF-TX310E

can anyone help please ? 

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

Both remotes not working, is the new remote a Sony remote or third party remote.

Do you have another Sony TV in your house that you could try the remotes on.

Do you have a neighbour, friend or relative with a Sony TV you could visit and try the remotes,

as there are many models of Sony TV with different remotes perhaps not all functions on a remote will work

with a different model of Sony TV but the Volume and the Channel Up and Down buttons should work.

On the other hand if two remotes do not operate your TV then it may be the infra red sensor and or its PC board have malfunctioned. Is the LED on the TV blinking when you press buttons on the remote(s).

Is your TV still under warranty.

Is the TV and remote infra red only or Bluetooth as well.

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

These issues are not always easy without 'being there'. It would be worth disconnecting the TV from the mains supply and also disconnecting any ancillary connections apart from a terrestrial aerial. That includes USB drives and any external drives. Everything. 

Wait a few minutes and then reconnect the mains. 

If the set goes into standby see if the remote will then turn it on. 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @TVwatcher 

At this stage, if the remote control didn't work, the TV will definitely need repair. I'd recommend trying the instructions here before considering a repair though https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-49xf9005/artic...

profile.country.GB.title
netreg
New

Hello

Did you ever get this sorted. I have the exact same problem with the same model TV.  Was watching the TV and got to the end of the night, went to switch it off and nothing. Done a full reset and now I am stuck at the same point you were.

The remote works perfectly well on my other older Sony TV.

thanks