Join now - be part of our community!

Reprogram GooglePlay button - 2017 Sony TV/AndriodTV

profile.country.GB.title
Tenacious1976
New

Reprogram GooglePlay button - 2017 Sony TV/AndriodTV

Is there any way to Reprogram the GooglePlay button on the  2017 Sony TV/AndriodTV for Plex or the like? 

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@Tenacious1976 wrote:

Is there any way to Reprogram the GooglePlay button on the  2017 Sony TV/AndriodTV for Plex or the like? 

Yes and no. The most you can do is to disable Google Play Film in Settings/Apps/Google Play and doing so the button will open the Google Play store instead. I asked the developer of "App Starter", the app to change the Netflix button and he replied that he woild like to add a custom settings for the Google Play button as well, but he doesn't have a TV to test it. Then since disabling Google Play Film it reverts to Google Play Store I am afraid it would be quite more complicated (the app for the Netflix button requires to disable Netflix, so one may need to disable the Google Play Store as well and I don't believe it would be a smart choice).

Thanks for the post - very helpful

profile.country.GB.title
Jamesc5

Duplicate post, sorry

profile.country.GB.title
Jamesc5

I used button remapper app from the play store to remap both the google play button and the Netflix button on my remote, they are now mapped to my  plex app and youtube. Just wish I could remap the guide button to my youview box guide, but as the stb guide  option is buried in the action menu i cant find a way to remap it. 

Glaiveian
New

Do you have a link to the app please? 

Thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

@Jamesc5 wrote:

I used button remapper app from the play store to remap both the google play button and the Netflix button on my remote, they are now mapped to my  plex app and youtube. Just wish I could remap the guide button to my youview box guide, but as the stb guide  option is buried in the action menu i cant find a way to remap it. 

Sorry for offtopic but, can I ask how you control the Youview box with the TV remote, I tried setting up the IR blaster when I first got the TV with the Humax Youview box but could not get it working?

profile.country.GB.title
Jamesc5

to control the youview box

•  disconnect other HDMI devices
  • connect youview box to tv
  • enter setting menu
  •  external input
  • IR blaster
  •  follow instructions and u seach for STB
  • use humax settings

once box is correcly id'd, then you should be able to control the box via action menu on the remote, everything from power on/off to DVR and guide.

you can also set the sony guide button source  on the remote as Set top box which will then allow the Sony epg  to control the STB, using the sony guide( you dont get the youview guide attached to the sony's guide button on the remote , but the youview guide is available using  the action menu.)

when switched to your youview box  hdmi input,  number buttons and DVR controls on the sony remote  can control the youview box.

presonally even though i have it working, I find the IR blaster a little too slow to respond on tthe youview box, so i still have both my remotes.

what i really want is DVR in Sony's youview app, then i can ditch the youview box

profile.country.DE.title
Muecke63
Explorer

@Jamesc5

Can you explain how you have change (remap) the "Google Play" Button?