Join now - be part of our community!

Software update v6.6130

profile.country.GB.title
Jewers

Software update v6.6130

I have the Sony OLED TV model number KD-48A9.  I was notified a week ago on the Sony Support app that a new update, v6.6130, is available for my TV.  Automatic downloads is set to ‘on’ on my TV but no notification of the update has come through.  I know that I can request the TV to search for the update but I have not done this before.  Is it normal to have a delay before the notification appears?  The wi fi is working fine and I regularly use the Apple TV app and Netflix and have no problems.  Many thanks for your help.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

You can download the update to your computer and transfer it to a USB stick and install the update via the USB stick.

All instructions and download are available from this link,

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/oled-tvs-android-a9_a9s-series/ke-48a9/software/00343461

profile.country.GB.title
Jewers

Many thanks for getting back.  Just have an iPad and no computer.  If I tick ‘find update’ on my TV and it finds it, do I leave TV switched on throughout or switch it off before it installs.  

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

If the TV finds the update when requested it will give you instructions on what to do.

The TV needs to be on.

Have you read the instructions on how to update your TV that I gave you a link to earlier.

It does say there that updates are staggered releases and may not be immediately available

via OTA.

Therefore downloading and installing via USB is available.

Is there nowhere you can download it to, or perhaps a friend or neighbour that can help you out.

profile.country.GB.title
Jewers

Thank you for being so helpful.  I will wait a little longer to see if it appears.  I am elderly and apprehensive in case I do something wrong!

profile.country.DK.title
riisboell
Explorer

Has anybody dared to install this update?

profile.country.GB.title
ccarmock

I have installed it on my KD-48A9 and it seems to be stable.  No issues experienced so far.

What did surprise me is the Security patch has been updated to 2024, yet I thought Google stopped suporting Android 10 some time ago