Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

Since the lastest firmware I keep getting a pop up on screen with 3D movies in the bottom left hand side. 

"Screen Format: Full" this is of course say it is using full pixel but it should not keep showing!

I cannot seem to find a way to disable this notification. It makes 3D useless as it keeps popping up! I even tried a factory reset to no avail.

265 REPLIES 265
banus01
Explorer

finally found something on this topic - i bought my 65" 4K model 3 weeks ago and have had this problem regularly since

I have tried everything here and no solution yet, it appears when playing 3d bluray and also when playing the sky +hd source

i have a sony 1050 av amp and so everything is running into the tv via one HDMI

This needs to be sorted as it is a huge distraction when using the tv - what is the general complaints email and I will register it there as well 

any idea when a fix might be through - otherwise I would return this to John lewis as not fit for purpose

Conor007
Explorer

Hi everyone, I just thought I'd stop by as I'm having the same problem. Sony's avoiding my constant tweets about it. Email reply has encouraged me to perform a Factory Data Reset but I'm not convinced this will work. 

If anyone comes up with a solution let me know :slight_smile: Baffled that Sony are avoiding this issue. I have about 20 3D BluRays waiting to be watched. 

Best,

Conor 

davewaite

I've had this pop up message coming up on my 65 Inch Sony for over 3 weeks now..3D unwatchable on blu ray player and Sky 3D. .all movies affected and can't watch my latest blu's in 3D notably Terminator..Sony have been ignoring my emails and have not been returning my calls on the subject. I am at my wits end..engineers are coming on Monday..this tv is only into its 4th month of manufacturers warranty following purchase..I will request a new tv..there is the sale of goods act to fall on if necessary and also the customer protection act..I'm about to throw a spanner into the works cos I'm not tolerating this for a moment longer..a £2000 tv for gods sake!!:(

mgelder
Explorer

Hi

Time to start returning these sets as they are not fit for purpose , I have as previously written got the 3d pop up problem, switching hdmi ends up in a blank screen, and the tv does not alwas turn off via the remotes power button, you have to pull the plug. and now we are told we can have the big relevation of youview but cannot record shows ..What awaste of money. This is a replacement because my previous £1600 pound sony tv blew the motherboard and they could not fix it. (At least the insurance worked out well).No wonder they are looking at windows for their next line of TV's' Android is a bust   , and I use a  Llinux PC , because of the many problems with windows. They should have fixed this by now, remove the offending lines of code , put in a dummy procedure so any call to the missing procedure is returned back to the calling one. Done !!!!. Few lines of code no calling any thing else so other problems are not created and the annoying pop up is no more. Surely they can do that and update the firmware with only the new replacement code not the whole thing just like a linux PC. Come on Sony other wise I am off to Samsung, and I have a sony DVD player and a sony mobile.

banus01
Explorer

thanks, is there any likely timescale for sorting this out  - thinking about returning my set if this continues

davewaite

Hi engineers came out to my tv yesterday and said they would order a new board and fit it here though I have my doubts that this will cure the issue..I'm very worried because it seems Sony doesn't really want to know for some reason. If nothing is done we can rely upon the sale of goods act to support any claim for a refund.. Sent from my iPad
mgelder
Explorer

Told Sony I want to return the TV , Awaiting reply. Also refund for £98.00 for a pair of 3D glasses I cannot use ..

Sony have blown it this time with me, and I have always bought Sony equipment for their reliability.

davewaite

Hi you will be lucky to get ANY response from Sony. Like you I am sick and tired of Sonys attitude to all this. Further to what I said earlier I called Sony this morning on 01932 816000 and they told me they would get back to me on this issue. If you still have your tv if I were you I would call them on this number. They will ask you for the software version you have installed. I will now give them 24 hours to respond. If they fail to do so I will not hesitate to go through legal channels. Just like you and others I too have two pairs of 3D glasses which cost nearly £100 that I can't use. I have loads of 3D films that I can now no longer watch. I don't need this this side of Christmas ..god knows what has happened with this issue..fed up are the words that come to mind mate 😞

Conor007
Explorer

I've swapped my Sony set 4 times since December 2014.

Yup! 4 times since December. The first two suffered from backlight bleed, the third from pixels running up and down the screen. 

There's no way I can swap it again, so I want this to be fixed with as little fuss as possible. 

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Can anyone not in the UK such as Ireland who got the update today confirm if it fixes this bug?