Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55XE-9005/SA-CT290 issues

profile.country.GB.title
Roscoe85
New

Sony 55XE-9005/SA-CT290 issues

Hi all,

So overnight, I seem to be having issues with my TV. The connected sound bar is sometimes out of sync if powered on after the tv. For example, when it goes into rest mode if no audio is played through after 10 minutes and is then powered back on.

Also, all of my HDMI inputs (PS5, 4K Blu-Ray Player, Nintendo Switch) seem to have reset and now display “null”. I’m sure previously these all auto detected but not sure why this has changed.

The biggest annoyance though is when the sound bar is connected, there is no volume displayed and it only displays when it is turned down to “0” but even when the tv thinks “0” is “0”, it’s still a bit too loud at night for when our kids are in bed which seems bizarre. Volume displays and goes up and down when the soundbar isn’t connected but obviously having the soundbar plugged in is the more preferable way to watch or play.

The TV is at the latest firmware and short of doing a factory reset, which is a pain for setting up all the picture settings again, I’m not sure what else to try.

thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Roscoe85 

Try a full power down of both devices, and disconnect them from the mains for at least two minutes.

Then power up again, and see if the issues are cleared.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…