Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KD43X75WL problems

profile.country.GB.title
AnneTV
Explorer

Sony Bravia KD43X75WL problems

My new Sony tv was delivered and set up by the men from John Lewis and it was perfect.  HD as sharp and clear as anything.  The Sony homepage with apps was the homepage and I could toggle onto my Sky box and happily go to and fro between them.  Then I signed up for google TV.  This worked well at first, but when I watched on my Sky box for a while, I went back to google.  I had been signed out.  I was unable to sign back in.  To cut a long story short, all the HD settings have disappeared and the Sony homepage has disappeared.  I have reset it twice and nowhere on the set up does the word Sony appear.  It just wants me to set up google tv.  I don't really want to use google tv in case it keeps throwing me out.  How do I get it back to find the Sony home page?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @AnneTV 

Can you try to factory reset your TV and then try to set it up following the instructions here and check again: https://cutt.ly/ow1Sdreo

profile.country.GB.title
AnneTV
Explorer

I did a factory reset myself, but, to cut a long story short, I ended up having John Lewis (where I had purchased the TV from) back  to have a look.  They reset it as well and decided that I was having a problem with an old aerial.  I ended up having the old aerial removed and a new one fitted.  This found about 50 extra TV channels and gave me the clear HD picture.  I can watch everything I want to, either on the "ordinary" TV or through my Sky box.  I just have to juggle between the two.  I may set up the Google TV again in the future when I'm feeling brave as I think that provides a few extras.  I think I would benefit from finding someone in my area who has set up the Google TV and could advise me while showing me what the features are.  Thank you so much for your interest.