Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Media Player App -AF9 OLED TV - Bug

profile.country.GB.title
EasterEEL

Sony Media Player App -AF9 OLED TV - Bug

I use my Sony Media Player App to stream video files from my QNAP NAS. It has always worked fine up until recently. For some reason it has screwed up the folder structure and is showing some sub-folders in the wrong main folder. As an example my NAS has a folder structure of:

Video\Films\HD\

Video\Films\HVEC\

Within the HD Folder I have a sub-folder named JamesBond. The Sony Media Player App incorrectly shows the JamesBond sub-folder as being within the HVEC folder. It's not there at all. So if I try and play a James Bond video file it then cannot play.

Using the VLC App (which I downloaded) it is showing the folder structure correctly. I think this confirms there is no problem with the NAS or the TV. I have tried deleting the cache within the Sony Media Player App but it still gets the file structure wrong. I've disabled and re-enabled the App and restarted the TV and the QNAP NAS etc all to no avail.

Anything else I can try?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@ EasterEEL, what's the current software version? Press Help on the remote to get it.

profile.country.GB.title
EasterEEL

PKG6.5076.0635EUA

Media Player: 2.0.A.4.52

Within Media Player I can navigate to my QNap NAS and select Vidos, which offers me the usual options of Classification, Date Imported, Date Taken, Folder, Rating, Recently watched, Shared Videos,  Video Collection.

The App is holding some incorrect folder structure data.  However it does not seem possible to command Media Player to rescan the NAS Folders. Clearing cache/data from the App does not help. It isn't possible to delete and reinstall the App and force stopping and restarting the App does not help. Completely switching off the NAS and TV does not help.

VLC is proving me with an alternative so maybe just waiting and hoping the data will refresh eventually might be the easiest way forward.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@ EasterEEL, maybe you need to reset the TV itself.