Join now - be part of our community!

Sony XR65 A84K - Freesat ITV1Westcountry HD frequent full reboot while watching

profile.country.GB.title
Welsie2
Explorer

Sony XR65 A84K - Freesat ITV1Westcountry HD frequent full reboot while watching

Since around mid-December 2023 we have have been experiencing frequent reboots while watching ITV1 Westcountry HD  (South West) on Freesat.   (  Note: We have NO aerial so cannot watch terrestrial/Freeview instead).  We have not experienced this on any other channels that we normally watch.  We have carried out frequent retuning and also the full "Factory Reset" (twice!)  but still the problem returns. We have the latest (Dec 2023) TV software version.   I have tried using a differnt postcode when setting up Freesat, and it does seem to be OK if we use a Birmingham postcode - ITV Central HD. . (although maybe I didn't watch long enough for it to happen?)  I wonder if maybe the issue is related to the satellite transponder/settings being diferent between ITV WestCountry and ITV Central causing an issue with the Fresat App (or whatever it is) on the XR65-A84K, possibly related to the switchoff the SD Channels maybe ???

Currently "getting around" the problem using a Humax Freesat HD box connect via HDMI which does not seem to suffer with the issue..

Also we cannot get around the problem using ITV X as the version of app for Sony Google TVs still lacks the "Live TV" option present on most other devices.

Any help gratefully received.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Welsie2
Explorer

This is strange, but I appear to have "fixed" this problem by removing the USB stick  (which was used a s internal storage and held the "TV" , "LIve TV and Catch-up", "IPlayer"  and Bravia apps and a couple of others) whilst the TV was off and replacing it into the other (USB 3) socket.   Was this just coincidence or perhaps indicate there was some issue with the USB socket or stick or its connection maybe?   Any ideas?