Join now - be part of our community!

Wired network connection on off issues

profile.country.GB.title
iburnell
New

Wired network connection on off issues

Brand new Xr55a80j. Wall mounted with ethernet cable from router switch. No network issues ever with previous Samsung. Power on TV via green button on remote in morning and sometimes ok sometime message network connection lost. Power off by remote leave for a bit and it might reconnect. Very frustrating!. Tried DHCP and static IP address - I normally use a static 192.168.1.3 router gateway and dns 192 168.1.1. If this were,a real network connection it would either work or it wouldn't the fact that it is intermittent I don't believe any setup issue or physical on my side. Sony support gives large checklist latest software factory reset etc but it's new and all up to date. Appreciate is anyone has any advice. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Up to date also if you check the latest Firmware's version at the Support page?:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/oled-tvs-android-a80j_a83j_a84j-series/xr-55a80j/software...

profile.country.GB.title
iburnell
New

Hi Marino. Thanks for that link. Yes it is latest version

20220129_170448.jpg

Earlier today I powered it on green button Network connection lost. Green button off, powered off at switch and unplugged left for minute or so plugged back in and powered on Network connected

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

But is the connection direct between the TV and the Router or is there a Switch? Although a passive Switch shouldn't cause any problems. Anyway, leave IP Static and try to restart Android TV, press and hold Power / OFF on the Remote Control.

profile.country.GB.title
iburnell
New

Fairly standard setup. Router to Netgear GS108. Ethernet from the switch (upstairs) down into lounge via loft  and connect to TV so fairly long cable 15m from memory. I did try a press and hold/restart but that didn't restore the network. I will try the power off option. 

profile.country.GB.title
eddieseymour

Is it connected to Gb ethernet or 100mb switch,  had this problem (see previous) msg thread on this board.

Found that connecting to GB ethernet hung network,  100mb switch worked.

Need to see given some other issues now if this has been fixed.

Easy to prove,  when it hangs  the network uplug it and the network comes back.

Regards

Eddie

profile.country.GB.title
iburnell
New

I opened a ticket with Sony. They recommended using a Cat 7 cable which I did and it does seem to have fixed the issue. Been using it for a few days now and it has always been up and available

Thanks to all