Join now - be part of our community!

You Tube app playing videos slowly

daro2096
Explorer

You Tube app playing videos slowly

Is this just me but while watching any video on my Sony smart TV on the You Tube app are playing slowly or at a lower res or both with constance buffering, stopping and starting. The only way to temporary revolve these problems is to unplug the TV and plug back in but the problems return after a few hours.

Why allow a broken app Sony?

4 REPLIES 4
daro2096
Explorer

By the way I connect my tv to the router by eternet cable and my internet connection is fibre 40/20.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I guess we really need to determine if it is your TV or other factor first. 

1. When you are having a problem, goto www.speedtest.net and see what type of speeds are getting.  Even if you are paying for 40/20 - it doesnt mean you are actually getting it.  If things are fine, continue to next step.
  2. What happens when you goto youtube on your PC/Laptop?  Do the videos play correctly?  If so, continue.
  3. On the TV, make sure you have the latest firmware installed.  As I dont know your TVs model number, I cannot give you instructions on this.  But its normally under Settings > Product Support.  If this does not fix your problem, continue
  4. You may need to reset the TV back to "factory default".  If you have any customised settings, write them down, as you will loose them.  This quite often clears any 'gremlins' you have. 

Hopefully this helps.

Cheers

daro2096
Explorer

I am on fibre 40/20. Its the app. Videos play fine unless I watched several hours at once and then videos play slowly or picture quality is reduced or both. Its frustating when video plays a few seconds then pauses for several seconds and repeats.

The same video plays perfectly on my PC.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You may try to use also a different DNS (a public one like 8.8.8.8)  than the one your provider is setting ....