Join now - be part of our community!

Ui stopped black screen after

waping
Visitor

Ui stopped black screen after

Hi good day,

Seeking your assistance with my phone sony xperia c5 ultra once you turn it on after 5-10 seconds it will show "unfortunately system ui stopped" then it will go black screen you cant do anything only power button that is working i tried reading and following all your troubleshooting tips also for hard reset is not possible for this phone i tried downloading the software companion but it doesnt detect my device. Im out of all options if you want to reach me please message me any suggestions will be highly appreciated. 

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @waping, let me see if I can help out here!

Have you tried clearing the data for the System UI-app? This will reset all settings for the app which might do the trick. Start by entering safe mode on your device, then find and tap Settings > Apps > tap the menu icon (three vertical dots) > Show system > System UI > Storage > clear data > tap the back button and tap "Force Stop" > Restart the phone.

Try this and let me know how it goes! 

waping
Visitor

Hi. I tried even on youtube of how to put the phone on safe mode its not working in my phone.. What happen is once you reached the home screen count 1 to 5 or 10 secs. It will turn black with an error ui stopped working over and over again.. The only thing that is functioning is power button.. Shutdown restart and screenshot theres no way for me to navigate other than that. 

waping
Visitor

The error will just keep on showing upIMG_20190924_125231.jpg

IMG_20190924_125237.jpg

Martin1
Enthusiast

Thank you @waping for your quick reply! 

In that case, I believe that the best thing to do is to repair the software on the phone using Xperia Companion and a computer. Keep in mind though that a software repair will erase all user data from the phone, so if you can, do a backup of your user data before the repair in order to prevent data loss.

Try this and feel free to keep me posted with the results! 

waping
Visitor

IMG_20190929_142858.jpg

Hi this is the problem it cannot detect my device ever since even in pc 

Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi again, @waping.

There is another way to repair the software. Try making sure that your device is turned off and disconnected from your computer. In Xperia Companion you press "Software repair", tick the "My device cannot be detected or started, or is a Smartwatch 3" checkbox and choose "Next". After that you should be able to follow the on screen-instructions in Xperia Companion. 

Let me know how it goes!