Join now - be part of our community!

Changing Sms Centre number

ROHAN_KUMAR
Visitor

Changing Sms Centre number

Hi

I want to change sms centre number. because when i send a meesage it is givening error not sent

I have tryied *#*#4636#*#* but it is not showing menu

12 REPLIES 12
Alexander1
Champion

In that case I suggest that you contact your operator to see if they can change the settings on the network/SIM card. Otherwise I recommend that you put in another SIM card in your phone or ordering a new one from your network provider. 

Shagnesium
Visitor

I am unable to change my message centre number. It required me to remove my simcard and put it into another phone, set it up and then put it back into my Z1 Compact.

It does not allow me to change it on the device.

Rossii
Visitor

Hello is there a option to set up different sms center numbers for sony xperia e dual sim?

i have problems setting it up

Alexander1
Champion

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

To set or change the SMS service center number of your SIM card

1. From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
  2. Find and tap Messaging.
  3. Tap the menu button (three vertical dots), then tap Settings.
  4. Tap the SIM card for which you want to change the SMS center number, then tap SMS center number and enter the desired number.

If you cannot edit the SMS center number, contact your network operator for more information.

ei
Visitor

I can process step 1,2,3. After prss Setting, i can not find tab Simcard. My Sonyex T58 (only one sim). pressing *#8#4636#*#* not express space to put sms service center. 

Pls help. Tks

goelaakash90
Visitor

1) in your dialer, enter *#*#4636#*#*

2) select phone information

3) scroll down to the end. You will find SMSC.

4) enter the desired number there and press update.

done

bumbi28
Visitor

Awsome tip with the key combination. saved me!

Hossein_tds
Visitor

That worked to me thanks
mdsanthosh88
Visitor

I have tried the same, but after edit and try to update, it throws the error as "Update Error" . Please help