UI stopped working

Mulholland
Visitor

UI stopped working

UI stopped working

6 REPLIES 6
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @Mulholland, Sorry to hear about this.

Your post has been translated to English as this is an International forum, please post any replies in English and it will be easier for me and other users to assist you.

The error message saying that "System UI has stopped is usually generated by a downloaded app in the phone. Since it might be hard to detect which app in the phone that is generating the error message, the easiest way to get rid of the error message is to repair the software using a computer and Xperia Companion.

Keep in mind though that a software repair will erase all user data from the phone, so make sure to do a backup of your user data before the repair. 

I hope that helped! Slightly smiling Face

Mulholland
Visitor

Thanks Martin. I have tried to do a software repair as you suggest, but unfortunately the phone can't be detected by the pc.

Martin1
Enthusiast

Thank you @Mulholland for your quick reply!

Have you tried using a different cable or a different USB port? Another thing that you can try is to start the repair without the phone being plugged in to the computer. After clicking on Software repair, tick the "My device cannot be detected or started, or is a Smartwatch 3" checkbox and choose "Next", then simply follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how it goes! 

Mulholland
Visitor

Thanks again Martin.

I've tried the above but no luck I'm afraid.

Alias1987
Visitor

UI system keeps shutting down my phone... It keeps reading System UI has stopped 

Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @Alias1987, sorry to hear about this.

As i mentioned earlier in the thread, it might be hard to detect which app in the phone that is generating the error message, the easiest way to get rid of the error message is to repair the software using a computer and Xperia Companion.

Keep in mind though that a software repair will erase all user data from the phone, so make sure to do a backup of your user data before the repair. 

Let me know if that works! Slightly_smiling_Face