Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia E5 microphone issues

GregJones
Visitor

Xperia E5 microphone issues

There is a chance that once my phone drops below 30% the microphone seems to drop out. This could be a battery issue. Anyone having the same issues

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
AlexMango
New

but rebooting the phone to safe mode the microphone worked

magom
Visitor

I am having similar problems with my E5 I have noticed that:

1. My microphone can work for one phone call and wont work after the next one immediatley after and if I restart it usually works until it starts again making me restart the phone each time I have to make a phone call.

2. It might work on WhatsApp call and not phone call or vice versa 

3. If I connect to bluetooth which doesnt work properly by the way it stopd working when I disconnect I have to restart and this is really annoying as I restart 10 times a day

I asked for support they told me to reinstall the software I did and the problem came back after a week. Sone this phone is a let down the bluetooth doesnt work the mic doest work and I am not the only one.

Jonas
Master

Hi again @Alex1998, thank you for this information.

Is the microphone still not working in normal mode and only while the device is rebooted in safe mode? If that is the case, a downloaded application is the cause of this as they are temporarily deactivated while the device is booted up in safe mode, so make sure that all your downloaded applications are updated to the latest version.

@magom, welcome to our forum and I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a similar behaviour. Slightly_frowning_Face

If it worked fine for a week after completing a software repair, it could be caused by one or more applications that you downloaded to the device.

Could you please try and restart your device in safe mode and make a few calls after each other with the device? Just so we can test if the microphone works fine in more than one call while downloaded applications aren't loaded.

You can also try the Bluetooth headset in safe mode.

Keep me posted! Slightly_smiling_Face

profile.country.GB.title
AlexMango
New

Hey @Jonas

As a matter of fact it was a problem with an app that I recently downloaded from the store.

Thnx

Johnny70
Visitor

The phone would not let me speak to anyone either incoming or outgoing. The only thing new at home was Google mini home. Disconnected that and restarted. Problem fixed..

Jonas
Master

Hi again @Alex1998,

I'm glad to hear that the microphone is working normally after you uninstalled the recently installed application! Slightly_smiling_Face

Hi @Johnny70, welcome to our forum!

Did you connect the device to the Google Home Mini (I haven't used one myself so I'm not really sure how it works)? If you did, if you connect to it again and go to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the gear icon next to the accessory. Is the option to use this device for phone calls activated here? That could explain why the microphone wasn't working if there is already a microphone on the BT accessory.

Have a great day to the both of you! Slightly_smiling_Face

Alrlene
Visitor

Hi i have a problem connecting my hands free earphones to my phone; Experia E5. when it connects and i go to settings>bluetooth>connect my accessory>it only allows me to check the media audio. it refuses to check calls audio. At first i thought it was the type i had bought, i went and bought another. all my accessories work well on other devices except for my phone. i have tried rebooting and connecting, still the same thing. i need to use my accessory on my phone to make and recieve calls thats why i bought it, but its not working.

Please advice