Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting Logitech Bluetooth Adapter (Model S-00113)

profile.country.GB.title
Tufftybob
Explorer

Connecting Logitech Bluetooth Adapter (Model S-00113)

In a similar theme to a previous poster, I also have a multitude of technology 'brands' at home. I am posting here because there does not seem to be a forum that I can find for my Aiwa 'home audio' system, AND when searching for same I was directed to a website that appeared to be a Sony website, leading me to believe that 'Aiwa' must have been bought out by Sony?

Anyway, my question is not brand specific, just 'product specific'. My question is regarding the 'Video 1/Aux 1' INPUT and 'REC OUT' phono connectors on the back of my Hi-Fi Amplifier (Aiwa MX-Z9300M).

Currently the 'REC OUT' of the Hi-Fi is connected to my Windows Vista PC using a suitable cable that has red & white phono's at one end and a mini jack connector at the other end which is connected to the LINE IN of the PC.

This enables me to output analogue audio from the Aiwa Tape Deck (FX-WZ9300) and record it/convert it (to AAC digital) onto my pc's hard drive using Roxio Creator NXT.

There are TWO sets of red&white Video/Aux INPUTS on the back of the Amp (neither of which are presently connected to anything) and the Video 2/Aux 2 connector is NOT to be connected/used at the same time as the REC OUT - according to the user manual. The manual shows that the SAME external device (DAT or Mini Disc) can be connected to BOTH Video 1/Aux 1 AND REC OUT at the same time, for purposes of recording to either device AND playing back what is recorded. As I already said, I have connected my PC to the REC OUT, and do not experience any 'feedback' type interference or any other electrical malfunction at the moment.

If I connect a Bluetooth speaker adapter to Video 1/Aux 1 IN, when REC OUT is connected to my PC, will this likely cause the same electrical malfunction as when REC OUT and Video 2/Aux 2 are connected simultaneously (but not necessarily to the same device)?

Or should I disconnect the REC OUT phono cable from the PC, when I want to use the Video 1/Aux 1 with the Logitech Bluetooth Speaker Adapter?

I would rather not as it is a real pain trying to get at the rear connectors, being that all the other (5) units of the Hi-Fi are stacked on top of the Amp (which is really heavy on its own) and leaving cables trailing about looks untidy.

Thanks for any help offered :slight_smile:

Bob
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Wow we haven't released any AIWA gear in Europe for something like 8 or 9 years, so really hard to advise on how best to handle this particular question, but is there a reason why you aren;t outputting straight from the tape desk to your PC?

profile.country.GB.title
Tufftybob
Explorer

Hi Catmambo,

Yes, there IS a reason why I am not ouputting directly from the tape deck.

The tape deck does not have ANY connectors, except the one that connects to the flat ribbon cable that it uses to connect to the amplifier - as is the case with all the other units (Tuner; Digital Signal Processor; Equaliser; 5 Disc CD Multi-Changer - and Turntable, not currently connected) that also use flat ribbon connecting cables to the amplifier.

Actually though, the turntable may be the only unit that uses a different method to connect to the Amp, but as it has been put away in a box for more than 12 yrs I couldn't be precise.

I REALLY wish that the manufacturers of these sort of items - much like 'smartphones' and tablets, that use 'proprietary connectors' - would use a standard connector, like phonos - for ALL the individual units, instead of those ridiculous flat ribbon cables, especially as reliability is an issue and it means having to junk 'perfectly good' units because they will only connect to ONE particular amplifier. Not only that, if one of the units - other than the amp - fails, then you still can't connect another similar unit, like the tape deck that failed on my Technics Hi-Fi, unless the amp AND the new unit BOTH have 'spare' phono in/outs.

I guess that is what you have to put up with when you buy at the 'lower end' of the Hi-Fi market - though my Aiwa Hi-Fi was actually the most expensive 'Midi Separates 4.1 Channel Dolby Pro-Logic Surround Sound Hi-Fi System' (at £1200++) that was available at any store in the UK, owned by DSG Retail Ltd PLC, at the time I bought it (somewhere around 1995).

But thanks for the reply anyway.

Tufftybob :slight_smile: