Join now - be part of our community!

DAV-DZ560 connecting to ps3 and sky+hd box

Beasted83
New

DAV-DZ560 connecting to ps3 and sky+hd box

I've just bought the DAV-DZ560 surround sound. Not sure when it came out done a search but Internet didn't say!??

I want to connect the sky hd box and the ps3 console for surround sound output.

My tv has 3 hdmi ports, scart and aux.

My sky has scart, hdmi and aux too with optical.

PS3 has optical and hdmi.

Now just want to know the best way to run all sound from these to the DAV-DZ560

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The DAV-DZ560 was release in May 2008 as far as im aware.

Now to connect it all up, due to the DZ560 having a lack of ports, you would be best to connect everthing to the TV and use the TV as a hub.

You will need to use two cables to connect the DZ560 - HDMI and Optical.  Connect the HDMI cable to HDMI OUT on the DZ560 to a HDMI IN on the TV.  Connect an optical cable from the OPT OUT on the TV, to the OPT IN on the DZ560.

Set the TV to output sound via an Audio System (instead of internal speakers)

On the DZ560 press the Function +/- button on the remote and cycle through until you get to "TV"

See page 28 and 29 of the manual HERE

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Beasted83
New

afraid my tv only has 3hdmi ports and 1 scart doesn't have a optical outlet/inlet.

Only way I could see doing it would be to run ps3 to surround sound via optical and sky to tv with hdmi then scart from surround to sky box too.

Just seems a complicated way though and thought there would be a easier way.

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you do not use the optical cable from the TV to the DZ560 you will not be able to output sound from the TV and connected devices on the TV.  You must have that.

You can use the scart connection on the DZ560, but if you have a HD package with sky, you will loose that HD resolution.

You could purchase or try a HDMI hub - Search it on amazon.

Beasted83
New

How would I set up the hdmi hub buddy?

http://bit.ly/1jzPVSR

Found this one!?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry for the delay in response - I lost this thread - and then forgot about it ! :slight_smile:

In regards to your example HDMI switch, you would plug a HDMI cable from the HDMI OUT on the Switch to a HDMI IN on the TV.  You would then connect other HDMI devices (ie Sky box, and PS3) to the HDMI switch with a HDMI cable, and then press the "select" button on the HDMI switch to swap between the devices. 

I would not connect the DZ560 on the HDMI switch, that should be connected to the TV on its own.

I have not used one of these, but thats how it should work anyhow.

I did find this youtube clip (which also describes how to use it in conjunction with SkyHD and a PS3):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihoTPefZCto

Hope this helps

Cheers