Join now - be part of our community!

MDS-JE440

profile.country.en_DK.title
mafeder49
Visitor

MDS-JE440

Suddenly my MD deck refuses to eject the MD. The Md does not come out. However, after a while the display says "TOC Reading" but the MD will still not eject. Help

2 REPLIES 2

Gosh, I just opened an account here, specially to post this. What a performance, so hope this comment's some help. My only suggestion is there might be a jammed MiniDisc or damaged dust protecting slide. Unfortunately there's no eject pinhole, like on floppy disc drives, though that doesn't mean there couldn't be a mechanical eject tab when the front cover's removed. I would try that if it was mine, because Sony are really expensive on repairs and their workshop's in Birmingham. Most people are scared of taking things apart these days, but if the thing's broke, I see there's not much to loose, because professional repairs, specially Sony's, cost more than buying new.

profile.country.en_GB.title
RadioMaid
Explorer

I had exactly the opposite happen to mine! Couldn't get it to read a disc! Since I've worked in a radio studio for years with these machines, I dare to try things most others wouldn't. After getting my disc out, I then pushed it back in WITHOUT switching the MD recorder on first, which kicked the read head back into alignment. It's read and played every disc I've given it since.

If this was mine, I'd pull the plug on it whilst it's on without using the power button. Then, leave about half a minute, plug back in; if necessary, power on with the button and see what happens. It could be you just need the read/write head kicked back into alignment.

Did you move the machine while it was playing before this happened?