Join now - be part of our community!

Vtuner not working

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Rbell2010

Vtuner not working

Hi

I have not been able to access vtuner since Friday 5th September, I reported it to sony yesterday and the reply was "Unfortunately, our systems are currently down for maintenance and will be up and running within 24 hours, Please feel free to contact us again at that time.". 

Has anyone else not been able to access vtuner for 4days, it seems that being reliant on just one internet radio supplier may be like putting all of your eggs in one basket.

Having not had the internet radio service for 4 days I feel this is unacceptable, does anyone feel the same?

304 REPLIES 304
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hi All, @oudoulj 

It is obvious to all who read this post that the vTuner issue is currently causing great concern amongst users, myself included. The argument that we have paid for a service and therefore that service should still be available is a fair comment but as for any legal right to this service that remains to be seen.

As it stands we currently have no firm input from either vTuner or Sony on this issue and more importantly who or what is to blame. As for an on-line petition it is unlikely such action would have any effect simply because it would not receive enough support.

However, we do all have one option available at our disposal and that is register our concerns with vTuner Support requesting some answers. I have just submitted my own email asking for clarification on this issue and when we can expect a return of service. I urge you all to do the same! Hopefully if enough people here contact vTuner the problem can be escalated at their end.

If you have questions about the vTuner service please contact: (link below opens an email)
support@vtuner.com

Edit:

Facebook might also get better exposure if you're a member or even Twitter? The more exposure the better really. :wink:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

I had a belated response from Vtuner on 5th October giving distinct impression from them that problem was resolved and issue might be to de power amp and try Vtuner again. (Didn't make any difference! ) What was interesting was Sony sent message on 2nd October to say that Vtuner had withdrawn service! Someone is living in cuckoo land! 

Sent from Samsung Mobile
profile.country.GB.title
BollyDave

@MK_Slinky wrote:

<edit>

However, we do all have one option available at our disposal and that is register our concerns with vTuner Support requesting some answers. I have just submitted my own email asking for clarification on this issue and when we can expect a return of service. I urge you all to do the same! Hopefully if enough people here contact vTuner the problem can be escalated at their end.

If you have questions about the vTuner service please contact: (link below opens an email)
support@vtuner.com

Edit:

Facebook might also get better exposure if you're a member or even Twitter? The more exposure the better really. :wink:

Sadly some of us have tried those routes already. I've been completely ignored by vTuner, using 2 of their addresses, including the support one. There's a Facebook page where one might think Sony are media savvy enough to want to join in and work this out together. Nope. Now Twitter. I'm not the biggest user but tweeted Sony Entertainment (which is the parent of vTuner) more than once and no response at all. Nothing. #vtunerbroken has been faved and retweeted, not that I fully get all that. Any comment from either company? Nope. Nothing.

They know what's happening.

They must know of these discussions. Said it before, I'll say it again. Why bother creating forums in the name of your company, if you don't participate, or worse still just ignore them.

There's a pattern here, no response, at all.

The most anyone has had is the usual useless line from Sony, coupled occasionally by fantasy or lies.

by coincidence I dragged the packaging for my new 1040 out of the loft earlier. My the box looks splendid, particularly all the proud logos on the box including one for vTuner.

I'm now even wondering why I care if vTuner is fixed. I'm already planning on changing my receiver for one that is not dependent upon it, and come to think of it, why would I want to use the services of a company that is so rude in ignoring its customers?

profile.country.GB.title
ribrigg29

Well I have had a reply from Sony to my second email in which I asked if the V tuner service will definitely be resumed, to which the replied yes! but could not give me a firm date......we shall see!

Still had no reply from V tuner themselves though.

I too have been somewhat miffed by the month long lack of vtuner access on my CMT-MX750 that I've had for a few years now, the alternatives that fit the bill - a mini with DAB, CD and Internet - are generally a tad expensive (e.g. Yamaha, Marantz) or no longer made (Pure Scirocco 550).

Perhaps contacting the CEO of vTuner (Peter) might get some more direct answers about ***** is going on here. CEOs generally don't like to be bothered by the punters.

SoKneeVictim
Explorer

A Facebook Group dealing with the vTuner issue already exists here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/625443214231201/

profile.country.GB.title
DrakesDrum

I have emailed vYuner - without response. Very unhappy.
oudoulj
Explorer

Joined the Facebook group.

For what it's worth...

profile.country.en_GB.title
aja007

I have just contacted Customer Support again and requested they escalte my problem to the Customer Relations team (which is UK based) as I am unhappy at not having access to vTuner or internet radio.

He relucantly agreed to escalate my complaint. In fact he tried to get out of it by "reminding" me that I received a pair of Sony headphones (which have never worked, by the way!) for an earlier complaint re internet access with my unit! (On that ocassion it was their stupid Remote Audio Network app that was at fault not the unit)

I have been promised a callback from the Customer Relations team within 24 hours but I'm not holding my breath! At this moment the packaging for my CMT-SBT300WB is ready for the unit to be sent back to Sony (who supplied it as a replacement for my original CMT-MX 750Ni) along with their fault "goodwill" pair of headphones! I really wish I had never bought a Sony unit but I promise I never will again!

hambledenmatt
Explorer

Oh- what a surprise!  Thank you John Lewis for giving me a full refund.

Best luck!

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/vtuner-announcement

Since September 6, the internet radio streaming service vTuner has suspended its distribution to SONY video and sound devices.

We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing and continue to address this matter.

We will continue to update you through this web page.