Join now - be part of our community!

Vtuner not working

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Rbell2010

Vtuner not working

Hi

I have not been able to access vtuner since Friday 5th September, I reported it to sony yesterday and the reply was "Unfortunately, our systems are currently down for maintenance and will be up and running within 24 hours, Please feel free to contact us again at that time.". 

Has anyone else not been able to access vtuner for 4days, it seems that being reliant on just one internet radio supplier may be like putting all of your eggs in one basket.

Having not had the internet radio service for 4 days I feel this is unacceptable, does anyone feel the same?

304 REPLIES 304
profile.country.GB.title
ribrigg29

Overreaction... definitely not! I suspect it was finally down to all the complaint's, and the number of people returning or trying to return their products,

I suspect Sony where plying a sneaky game that backfired, they probably caved and paid the money v tuner wanted.

Lets just hope its stays on, but my confidence is now low.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aye it is indeed online. Yip yip yippee!
profile.country.GB.title
BollyDave

@ribrigg29 wrote:

Thanks for that, yes I think your right about Sony, they replied to my last email by side stepping all the other points I raised, and just said to contact the retailer regarding refund/exchange, mine was also from Richer sounds and like you they have always been excellent for me, but not heard back from them yet.

Sorry meant to give you the info regarding the pass through, presumably you have in the HDMI settings menu have the HDMI control set to on and the pass through to AUTO? and audio out to AMP.

if so and you still have problems, is your TV recent? whatever make it should have the Samsung equivalent of Anynet (HDMI-CEC) this should be turned on but auto switch off to off, but the setup may differ slightly on a different TV, this is how mine is set, and it works fine, you do need to select the source you want to watch IE TV before switching off the amp though, let me know how you get on?

Well it seems events have taken an unexpected turn. Pleased for those that are still dependent on vTuner, but it says a lot that when I checked the "announcement" page it was unchanged. When it comes to communication they are pretty clueless. Still no confidence in either company though.

as for HDMI passthrough I reckon I tried every permutation possible on the 1040, and likewise on the 1050. I just tried that suggestion though but it's no go. Not sure about setting audio out to AMP though, as I normally have it set to TV+AMP, and AMP only routes all sound to my front speakers.  Regardless of that the system goes to standby and less than a minute later, all TV signal is lost.

what is a puzzle to me is that I understand that in some non EU regions, the HDMI menu also allows for ON as well as OFF or AUTO, suggesting a setting can be forced.

My TV is a Panny Viera plasma and whilst it's a few years old is supposed to be HDMI/CEC compliant under the Viera approach. Personally I think it's manufacturers interpreting so called standards to suit their needs, and within each brand there are anomalies which mean basic functions work but others do not UNLESS you have a single branded setup for the linked kit. Bit naughty in my opinion as I suspect the driver is to increase own brand sales.

Cynic? Me? Damn right!:smileywink:

profile.country.GB.title
Rbell2010

Hi

I don't think we overreacted, I think we did not realise how much we have got use to the Internet radio after the problems I have had trying to get a good reception on dab and FM just for local radio.
As soon as it's taken away abruptly with no reason or explanation that's what hurt the most.

Glad it's back on and I don't get any more hassle from my wife who also enjoys avro de klassieken hi res music.
profile.country.GB.title
DrakesDrum

Hello Everybody,

My vTuner on hte CMT-MX750Ni went live again last night (Wed).  Don't know if this is temp or if we have service back :slight_smile:

Hi everybody,

VTuner is back in Martinique (part of France) after one month off. 

A few comments about all that :

1 - SONY communication is awful. Just for that, I will hesitate to purchase more SONY's product in the future.

2 - The Internet radio via VTuner is back but the ampli-tuner (STR-DN840) is still locked on one provider. I will never buy another product with that limitation. New models seem to not have that limit.

3 - We managed to put enough pressure on SONY to get the service back online. I think that without this effort they will have simply just totaly ignored us.

4 - Despite a full reset of my ampli-tuner, my fovorite radio are still there. That means that my choices are stored in VTuner servers and they know me thru the MAC adress of the network card of my equipment.

5 - During the problem, I used my ampli-tuner with a 8Go USB key loaded with my favorite music. This is a nice feature I did not used before and I will keep using.

6 - There is absolutely no guarantee that the same problem will not repeat itself in the future. Consequently and because of 1 and 2 we should ask a long term solution with a firmware upgrade to get the choice of Internet radio provider.

7 - A new post on that latest topic should be started... 

adrhurt
Explorer

Hi

I wish as you do that we could have our equipment ident and
control so we can chose the internet radio provider of our choice. I will be
asking Sony for this as I consider vTuner to be very poor. I would want to
use radiofrontier which is a far superior provider.
profile.country.GB.title
DrakesDrum

Hi,

We came back on stream on Wed afternoon (8th Oct) All seems well, but as
you say, I will probably NOT prefer Sony kit in future.

:slight_smile:
profile.country.GB.title
BollyDave

Overreaction? Not at all.

let's review the facts:

The service was pulled with no warning.

in terms of announcements, I still feel that could have been handled with greater visibility, particularly from the perspective of SEN, where I believe there was nothing.

Support was woeful, many of us experiencing inconsistencies, lies and fantasy. Any attempt to press for timescale resulted in a wet finger in the air opinion.

The "announcement" page could have been more useful if regularly updated and time stamped, to compensate for the above.

On the vTuner side I don't believe anyone got a single response.,please correct if mistaken. I certainly didn't.

Total absence of direct contribution by Sony on forums, FB and Twitter.,

The service reappeared with no proactive heads-up, nor background as to the reality/root cause

and for me the killer:

despite using their problem logging system, providing full contact details (on top of what they already know from my hardware registration) and being promised updates, I've had nothing. Nada. Zero. Zilch. Not even to advise the problem was resolved. I think that says a great deal about how we are valued. Having worked in an environment where incident related performance measurement was operated at a detailed level, I can only assume their SLA metrics look appalling. If they are using any system correctly there must be a huge number of tickets that are still open, unless the system is used incorrectly to fudge statistics.

If any of that is excusable I'd love to hear how it can be justified.

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

I received a response from vTuner albeit quite some time after contacting them and so nothing back since replying to response!

Michael N. Bolton (vTuner)

Oct 05 06:44

Hello,

Can we know if the issue still occur on your end?

We have been informed that the issues are now resolved.

Please try to power cycle your device before checking it again.

To do so, power off the device, and unplug the power cord. After waiting

30 seconds, plug it back in and power it back on to try

again.

Regards,

Michael N. Bolton

Support Department

vTuner