Join now - be part of our community!

Background sounds too loud, dialogue too quiet

profile.country.en_GB.title
simcolli3
Visitor

Background sounds too loud, dialogue too quiet

I have a Sony BDV-F500 home cinema surround sound system and I am having problems with the sound quality when watching Blu-ray movies, particularly action films as the background sounds, especially music soundtracks, are often louder than the dialogue and this makes it difficult to follow what characters are saying.

As a result I am finding myself constantly having to turn up the volume during scenes when characters are talking and then turn it down again as soon as the action starts and explosions start going off etc. as it is then way too loud.

I've tried playing around with the different sound modes i.e. Movie, Music, News etc I've also tried playing with the Audio DRC function switiching it from ON to AUTO and OFF but this seems to make little or no difference at all.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.FR.title
ClarkLong
Expert

Unfortunately, that's how are mixed BluRay, and since your system is a 2.1 ...you can't change the level of the center (dialog) level...

Withnail73
Visitor

I'm getting the same thing with my STR-DN1030 and my 2.0 set-up....but only certain Blus cause a problem, ie: Inception or any 'action' film, I guess. Would appear the only option is to install a Centre speaker since almost all the dialogue will be channeled there.

Before you do so, though, set all outputs from the Blu-Ray as Stereo rather than Surround and the same on the amp....mine is just about acceptable without a centre.

gunjan82
Visitor

Try speaker channel level adjustment buttons on the remote. I think it might help you.

profile.country.GB.title
pbotti
New

Just purchased a Sony Bravia X950G 65" tv.

Tried to watch NASCAR, a Car auction and a football game. The back round noise over powered the announcer so bad I could not make out what they were saying. This is not a cheap unit. How do I overcome this?