Join now - be part of our community!

BDVE370 help

profile.country.en_GB.title
bridlington85
Visitor

BDVE370 help

Hello all,

having received my bdv-e370 today i am having real difficulty with setting it up. syncing with my tv (bravia kdl40ex503) is proving somewhat problematic. at first i seemed to be doing ok with tv sound coming from speakers no problem, but i'm not sure if i've accidentally turned something off but its just point blank refusing to give any sound when through the tv.

also, when playing blu-ray did 'system menu' button only offers me 'night mode' to select rather than the various options.

can anybody shed any light?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Apps2k
Visitor

hi,

i've the same problem, there is no TV audio out through home cinema speakers after the recent firmware upgrade, i've a similar question to forum (BDV-E370 blu-ray home cinema not playing TV audio...).  I've had a chat with sony they couldn't do anything and suggested me to approach sony authorised service centre, now my player is with service centre. Not sure what the problem is.

Regarding system menu, once you pressed the system menu you will see night mode, press down arrow to check more options like Bass, Surround Sound etc.. For ex: see Page 27 (Step 5:)  in user manual.

cheers

JPull08
Visitor

Hello,

I am just about to purchase the KDL40EX503 and the BDVE370 and just saw this thread!!! Can I ask if you both got the issues sorted, what was the problem and is it worth purchasing?!

Thanks

seano1
Visitor

Sounds like a number of us are having problems with the Audio Return Channel - see my thread:

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/624056

You aren't using an Amazon Basics HDMI cable too are you?