Join now - be part of our community!

Connections from HDD to KD-65XF9005 to STR-DA1200ES to 7.1 surround

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
skymanuk

Connections from HDD to KD-65XF9005 to STR-DA1200ES to 7.1 surround

Hello I’m wanting to ask if anyone has any suggestions for the best possible way to connect my STR-DA1200ES to my KD-65XF9005

I’ve got the hdmi from the amp for my stand alone recorder but I’m wanting to watch some free sound samples via a usb hard drive plugged into the TV

It looks like ark isn’t an option and I’m sure I’m only getting 5.1 rather than 7.1 via the optical and coaxial outs from the tv to the amp

any advice would be greatly received, I love my old amp so please don’t suggest getting rid of it as it suits my room it’s powerful enough for all my separate speakers and sub and sounds great but it would be great to get a 7.1 signal to the amp from the hdd via the TV

cheers Dean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Unfortunately HDMI ARC didn't exist at the time and optical could send only 5.1 max....

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Unfortunately HDMI ARC didn't exist at the time and optical could send only 5.1 max....

profile.country.GB.title
skymanuk

Thanks for the feedback, so you recon it’s time to get the amp upgraded... poor old thing has done me proud for years, do you suggest any of the Sony amps with arc will do the job. Cheers Dean