Join now - be part of our community!

DN1080 amp and built in Chromecast audio issue

profile.country.GB.title
GreenAndroid2000

DN1080 amp and built in Chromecast audio issue

FAO Sony!

The built in chromecast audio device will only output in 2 channel stereo or multi channel stereo.  It does not make use of a connected sub woofer.

I appreciate that 2 channel stereo means music is played "correctly" using the left and right speakers connected to the amp.  However, it does not make use of a connected sub-woofer.  This means music playback has virtually no bass to it at all, unless your front speakers are "floor standing" or "book shelf" style.

I use  small satellite speakers, I imagine owners of this amp do too.  They produce virutally no bass, so music playback is completely pointless using the built in chromecast option.  

Second to this is that when casting music, you can't use any other soundfield, such as Dolby Surround.  You are stuck with 2ch or multi channel output.

Please can a future update fix this issue to allow 2ch to make use of a connected sub woofer, or that all soundfields are available.

I can't understand the thinking behind this decision; why add something so useful but make it so useless to those with satellite surround speakers!

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. I've passed your feedback onto the team.

Cheers,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
GreenAndroid2000

It's been a while, was there a reponse from the team?  It can't be a difficult thing to add support for a sub woofer when playing 2 channel music.

Thank you

profile.country.NL.title
jpmanni
Explorer

Is there still no solution for this error?

profile.country.GB.title
grolschie
Contributor

I was told by a Sony staff member that internally on this amp, Spotify:Connect uses the inbuilt Chromecast Audio device to handle playback.

This is interesting because Spotify:Connect is not restricted to these two soundfields (2ch and Multi). It would seem to me that it's not a hardware limitation but a software one. 

Also interesting, there's a bug in the Sony Audio Control API where you cannot even select the above mentioned soundfields, even though you can with the physical remote control.