Join now - be part of our community!

HT-ZF9 connected but no sound in subwoofer and sa-z9r when playing audio but sound when testing tone

profile.country.HR.title
zelenooq
Explorer

HT-ZF9 connected but no sound in subwoofer and sa-z9r when playing audio but sound when testing tone

I just bought HT-ZF9 soundbar and SA-Z9R rear speakers.

No matter do I play sound from PC or USB, there is no sound in subwoofer and rear speakers.

I tested with this video (for USB I downloaded and turn to FLAC)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL9-sIZRDHg

I tried to link bluetooth speakers manually and even it said it was connected there is no sound.

Funny thing is that when I test the system with TEST TONE, all bluetooth speakes works fine (there is sound).

So speakers work, for TEST TONE they are connected but no sound on bluetooth speakers.

How to test to be sure it works or it doesn't works?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Have you tried to reset your unit which may resolve the issue?

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

once you went through to the troubleshooting in the Sony support article https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/home-theater-sound-bars-home-theater-systems/ht-zf9/artic...

and since the test tone already give you an hint that the system should work you have to be sure you are feeding multichannel output to the soundbar. The problem may rely both on the PC audio card setting and on the file conversion you made on the file.

Since this is a soundbar the best test you can do is connecting the system to a capable tv (smart and with HDMI-ARC enabled connection) and try a real 5.1 source (this youtube video, a netflix film or something like that).

profile.country.HR.title
zelenooq
Explorer

Yes, i reset system and it didn't help.

Thank You.

profile.country.HR.title
zelenooq
Explorer

@rooobb, I tried audio from here:

https://www2.iis.fraunhofer.de/AAC/multichannel.html

I put this audio on USB and it works perfectly.

Then I tried this audio from my PC and doesn't work.

I don't think that problem problem could be in fact that my PC see speakers as - stereo with bluetooth connection.

First of all, I want someone to confirm me is it possible to connect PC Win10 wireless to this soundbar and to have 5.1 Dolby Atmos surround sound?

I would prefer wi-fi  (I think quality of sound is better) but bluetooth will be just fine.

profile.country.HR.title
zelenooq
Explorer

And just to add, for me is mandatory to have wireless surround because HTPC will be connected to projector (Sony 270ES/295ES), which is on the other end of room.

Otherwise I don't need wireless speakers.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I think you would get better support on a win 10 forum . If your PC sees it a stereo will soundbar will get only 2 channel.
profile.country.HR.title
zelenooq
Explorer

So, you don't know is it possible or not with this soundbar?
Microsoft can say it is about driver of manufacturer.
I bought because Sony say that you can connect wireless to this soundbar.
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You can connect wireless to the soundbar but is up to th os and the audio driver to manage it