Join now - be part of our community!

Kdl-55w829 and str-dn850 ARC not working

Kdl-55w829 and str-dn850 ARC not working

Hi, 

i think I've got all he basic stuff right 1.4 hdmi cable, HDMI 2 out from the tv, all the right settings switched on (hdmi control etc...).

The pass through works fine, the tv switches on with the sky box and bd player (but not with the amp). 

The issue is I can't get sound from the amp when I'm watching Netflix via the tv itself. When I try to change the sound settings on the tv to AV it says there's a connection error. I've now tried connecting an optical digital cable from the tv to the amp and I can get 2 channel PCM but when I try changing the digital output settings on the tv I still get the same connection error. 

Ive taken to watching Netflix via an old Apple TV box so I can get full 5.1 sound, although it's limited to 720p so not ideal. 

Any ideas? Many thanks. 

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As I understand it, on your TV the HDMI 2 is the ARC port of which you connect the AV Receiver to.  You mentioned optical settings in your description - can I confirm that you have not connected an optical cable from the TV to the AV Receive?  If so, remove it.

In regards to your problems, follow this troubleshooting thread and see if it helps:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/hdmi-problems-troubleshooting-steps/td-p/2141941

Cheers