Join now - be part of our community!

PS3 stopped playing 3D movies

SOLVED
profile.country.US.title
gplomb
Explorer

PS3 stopped playing 3D movies

I own a Sony Bravia XRB-65HX929 television.   I have had my TV connected to a Sony receiver and Sony PS3 for years now.  Past years I purchased several Sony Blu ray discs 3D movies.  They always played well.

I hadn't played any 3D movies for awhile, so I inserted a Sony 3D movie disc the other day and it won't play 3D all of a sudden.  My PS3 updated before I played the movie.  Did the update somehow kill the ability to play 3D now?

The PS3 shows the movie as 3D. The Sony TV displays a 3D movie has been inserted. My Sony 3D glasses are charged and on, but the TV plays the 3D movie in 2D.  I checked all the settings in the PS3 and the Bravia TV and 3D is enabled in both and my HTMI cable is a monster cable - the best you can buy.  What is really irksome is that this setup and the Sony 3D movies worked previously. WHY not now, when nothing but the PS3 update has changed.

As you can tell from my note here, every part of my system is SONY made, even the movie.

I tested the 3D on the TV by watching a 3D movie on YouTube and it works fine - TV and glasses.

I tested the Sony 3D movie on my laptop and the 3D disc plays as 3D on my laptop.

So the problem appears to be the PS3.

What do I do to set this right?

Thank you for your reply and help.

GPL

3/28/2020

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.US.title
gplomb
Explorer

I finally solved my problem.  I did a PS3 reset from settings and 3D capabilities are once again working.  Thank you to all who attempted to help.  I greatly appreciate you.