Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HT-XT3 no longer connecting to WiFi

profile.country.GB.title
olroden
Explorer

Sony HT-XT3 no longer connecting to WiFi

Hi folks,

I've had my HT-XT3 for several years with no problems but recently connections to it from Spotify have been patchy at best. I found a full reset seemed to clear the problem temporarily but after the last full reset the behaviour has changed and I wonder if anyone can help.

When I started up I went through the set up phase of selecting country and power saving option and then go for easy wireless setup. The HT-XT3 can see my router but on entering my password it just hangs for 30 seconds before resetting back to the set up phase.

If I opt not to complete the WiFi configuration everything works as usual but if I try and subsequently connect to WiFi the same thing happens. As an aside, it's the same behaviour with WPS connection, it detects the router and hangs before resetting.

Finally, every 4 or 5 times I start the device it is back at the reset screen with the select language message which has never happened before.

Any help gratefully received.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Can you check that your Soundbar has the latest firmware version

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.GB.title
olroden
Explorer

Hi Sean,

The soundbar is currently on M28.R.0476 which I think is the latest version.

Many thanks, Oli

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Oli,

It would be best to speak with the support team for further help with this here.

Best wishes,

Sean