Join now - be part of our community!

Sony STR DN1040 HDMI A output

SOLVED
Mazotasan
Explorer

Sony STR DN1040 HDMI A output

Hi there,

I just bought a new STR DN 1040 2 weeks ago. All was working well until today, when for some reason i lost picture on my tv. I have a 5.1 speaker system and the audio continued to work fine. I swapped the hdmi cable on amp from 'A' to 'B' and the picture came back...Do I have a faulty hdmi 'A' output on my amplifier?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mazotasan
Explorer

I contacted the retailer regarding swapping it out, I was getting ready to repack into the box and said I'd try one more time...and it worked. No idea why...we logged the issue with the retailer but has been 100% since!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try swapping it back to A again.  However before you unplug the HDMI cable, turn off the AV Receiver from the powerpoint at the wall.  At the moment, Im assumings its just a simple HDMI handshake issue.  Simplest resolution is to litterally pull the power plug for 2 mins.

Give it a test though.

Cheers

Mazotasan
Explorer

Hi There,

I have tried this twice with no success. Switched back to 'B' and picture works again. Anything else to try...factory reset possibly...

Anonymous
Not applicable

That certainly doesnt sound good.  By all means ensure that the firmware is up-to date, and a factory reset - but I dont have much confidence in that working.  Sounds like you may need to contact the retailer.

Mazotasan
Explorer

I contacted the retailer regarding swapping it out, I was getting ready to repack into the box and said I'd try one more time...and it worked. No idea why...we logged the issue with the retailer but has been 100% since!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fancy that.  It sounds like the AV Receiver liked you in the end and wanted to stay where it was.  :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

This might seem like a really dumb thing to ask but did you try swapping the HDMI Output from A - B on your remote?

I did this by accident the other day I spent ages trying to figure it out.

Just a thought anyway. :0)

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
Fury361
New

Hey MK thanks for this. Played around with the telly and amp for days. Tried reset. Thought the amp had had it. Then read your 5  year old comment on the remote. You've just solved it!

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Fury361 

You're welcome :wink: Gosh did I really write that 5 years ago?!! I'm happy to report I'm still using my STR DN1040, I love it :wink:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14