Join now - be part of our community!

Sony STRDN-1080 Mac Mini direct HDMI connection problem

profile.country.GB.title
johjames912
Explorer

Sony STRDN-1080 Mac Mini direct HDMI connection problem

We have just purchased a Sony STRDN-1080 hence the post here, as I'm hoping that some of you with expertise on this receiver will be able to help us. We have the receiver linked via HDMI ARC to our LG OLED65C8PLA television and the surround sound from TV programmes works well with our B&W M1 and PV1 sub 5:1 surround sound system. The problem comes when we connect our Mac Mini HTPC. When we connect this HTPC via HDMI directly to the TV then the surround sound works fine via the receiver, BUT when we connect the HTPC directely to the Video1 or Video2 HDMI in ports on the receiver then the surround sound does not work when playing files, despite the audio midi surround sound test on the Mac Mini showing that all the connected speakers are working properly. We are using Premium HDMI cables. My questions are: 1. Is there something we can do differently to get the direct connection between our Mac Mini HTPC and Sony STRDN-1080 to work properly with our home cinema speakers? and 2. if this is not possible, would you recommend replacing the receiver? I have been looking at the Denon AVR-X2600H as an alternative. Thanks all.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius