Join now - be part of our community!

Sony X900e with Sony DN-1080 with FireCube 2nd Gen

Sony X900e with Sony DN-1080 with FireCube 2nd Gen

Off the bat I love my Sony X900e, and most of my needs are handled with all the built in apps (Except for the Hulu app, but then again Hulu is the slowest with all updates and keeping up with tech trends). I recently connected the new Firecube to it mainly for Alexa integration, Amazon music playback through the whole house etc., but I've also gotten to appreciate just how quick and zippy the new Cube is.

I finally have the Cube playing everything as well as the built in TV apps, everything in 4K, Atmos/Vision recognizing etc., however when the DN-1080 switches inputs to the cube it resets the cube to 1080p. EVERY TIME. No matter what setting I use, Auto, 2160x60hz etc it will always reset the cube back to 1080p x 60hz.

Is the only solution turning off HDMI CEC? I hate that as that is a nice feature, but the other main issue I have is that the DN-1080 NEVER turns on to AFD or Direct it only turns on to Dolby Surround or Multi-Channel surround depending on the TV's settings.

Sigh.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there, 

Welcome to the Sony Community. 

I would recommend getting in touch with the Sony support team here who will be best to advise you on this further.

Best wishes,

Sean